A New Book: Foodies of the World



Well, the day I decided to start writing a blog, I thought about many things...but some things that then happened clearly exceeded my imagination...Getting a mail from a publishing firm from Australia was clearly one of those things. The Slattery Media Group has published a magnificent book, with stunning photography and styling, featuring people, like you and me, cooking around the world...Foodies of the World.
I feel so honored and grateful to be there...for a start, there are amazing food-bloggers in Australia...but they are not alone, because passion for food, and blogging seems to be a "good germ" that has luckily spread all around the world...and each day we discover somebody new, with amazing posts and dishes, and this is good, because it raises our standards even higher...
You can buy the book, clicking here. I think it makes a wonderful present, for Christmas or some other occasion...
I have something to confess..which for sure you will find stupid, but the fact that the book is from Australia has touched me in a special way....Argentinians have a special feeling for Australia...Why? I don't know...Maybe because we are both in the south of the southern hemisphere, maybe because we share this geographic isolation...both countries seem to be there dangling, almost falling off the world...for good or for bad. You can't imagine how I saw the world when I was a little girl that played in the streets of Buenos Aires...the world: Europe, the United States...was only in the books, in the encyclopedias...I didn't even dream of travelling...at the time a plane ticket from Buenos Aires to anywhere in the world would cost a fortune!! (and nowadays too!) An almost fourteen-hour flight to get to Europe !!! You know? When somebody we knew was leaving for Europe, we all went to the airport in a kind of committee to say goodbye!! And then, we would get together to hear all the stories and see the photographs !!! and I would dream...and I would wonder: what does a real castle look like? how is the rain in London? Is it like the rain from the Pampas? Will I ever go up to the roof of the Empire State building, or will I only see once and again in "An Affair to Remember"? Now it is different, the world has globalized...travelling is easier, we see everything in the internet...but maybe, like the Australians, since I was born at the end of the world, I keep in my heart this feeling of looking at the world from a distance...I am and I will always be the girl from the Pampas...(no matter how many years I  have lived in Europe) I cherish one image of myself, as a girl...the chilly winter mornings when I went to school all bundled up in my "poncho", wooden hat and scarf because the Pampero was blowing...the Pampero is an extremely violent, polar wind from Antarctica that sweeps the Pampas...
From the end of the world...this is where I'm from...that's the place I belong to....

Comments

Wow, congrats! That book sounds awesome!

Cheers,

Rosa
Miriam said…
Pero Cristina! Qué calladito te lo tenías! Enhorabuenísima!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Miriam:
La editorial no me dejaba abrir la boca !!!! Gracias!

@ Rosa:

Thank you!!
Nina said…
Lovely story dear Cristina! You are a very talented person in so many fields, compliments for everything!
Nancy said…
Felicidades Cristina! It really is no surprise that you have been featured or included in several books now. Perhaps we will see your own cookbook soon :) Beautifully well written post to an insight of your half of the world.
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Nina

Thanks, you are very generous!

@Spicy Foodie

Gracias Nancy !!!!!
Cristina~

I'm not surprised--your recipes are often classic, but very inspired! And your photos just sell it all! Good for you, passion and hard work are good partners!
Cherine said…
A very nice post... very touching!!

Congrats for the book, u deserved it... and hopefully sometime soon we will see your own cookbook :)
Adelina said…
First of I would love to congratulate you! That is exciting... then I want to say that I enjoy reading your posts and I have linked you on my blog. I will be checking out the book!
OohLookBel said…
hi Cristina - I'm also in the book! I'm glad I found your lovely blog, your observations and photographs are beautiful. And I'm glad you like Australia =)
Fran said…
Congratulations! What a wonderful thing for you and much deserved.
Jennifer said…
You definitely deserve it! Congratulations!
Unknown said…
This is outstanding, congratulations!! I would LOVE to improve my baking skills from you! Ever thought about giving classes?
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Everybody: Thank you SO much!!!

@ Lost in Cheeseland:

I DO give pastry lessons here in Paris!
Unknown said…
What an amazing accomplishment daaaaaahling. I am so happy for you :D
*kisses* HH
jen cheung said…
congrats! your look sounds fabulous and awesome. your very talented!! must be exciting eh?

its FRIDAY! Have a lovely weekend!
jen @ www.passion4food.ca
bunkycooks said…
Cristina,

That was really a nice post. I am so excited for you to be in this book! Much deserved with your beautiful recipes and photos! Have a great weekend!

Gwen
Barbara said…
Sound like a really nice book to own, Cristina. Congratulations....you certainly deserve it!
Claudia said…
Congrats - it's a lovely posting about the shrinking of our world and ways we do come together.
Chef Chuck said…
I am so happy for you Christina....
This is well deserved, and I know you will go even farther then you can imagine!! Your work has just started to be recognized, I am sure many more good things will happen, because your a good person! Congratulations!
All the best Chef Chuck :)
Ed said…
Great job and excellent pictures. Glamourous! Vote is yours.
Jason Phelps said…
Exceptional! I hope such luck might befall me one day.

Congratulations!

Jason