And the Winner is......!!!!!



I am so happy to announce the winner of the U$D 75 Gift Certificate kindly offered by CSN stores !!!! After using the "scientific" method of writing all the names on pieces of paper, "Lady Fortune" took sides for Barbara, from Moveable Feasts !!!!! 
Dear Barbara, I'm SO glad you'll be able to buy something you liked...or help you buy something you longed for !!!!


Cake made before I started blogging, photo at night, tiny kitchen, no props, no food styling...but oh, so delicious!!!


Well, the purpose of this short post was just to let you know who the winner was !!! Soon, I will post "the first challenge" for Project Food Blog, organized by Foodbuzz. What I liked about this challenge is that it takes us out of our comfort zones...In general, we all blog about those things we do more or less well....blogging about something imposed on me is another matter....What terrifies me is the video !!!! For a start, I don't have the slightest idea of how the video comes into a blog post (OK, I think my 15 year-old daughter can help me there!)....Then, my kitchen is SO but SO small (oh!! the "bliss" of Hausmannien apartments!!) that I don't know what will come out of it, you will see the sink all the time .....but the worst thing is that I am sure I will get so nervous, that words won't come out in English, or I will make a mistake.....
Can't I speak in Spanish and somebody puts the subtitles..??? That would be all right!!
In anycase, for that I have to get to the video challenge.....!
But then my girls are so enthusiastic about it...With all the programs here on French TV: Master Chef, Un Dîner Presque Parfait....my girls keep on begging me to participate there...(even my French friends call me to ask me how on earth I am not in Master Chef..) The girls have started giving me their opinion about what I have to cook, how....so finally, I love it....
Whatever brings us together in a family activity or project is something I love....they will "suffer" with me....I will expose to the privacy of our small world my strong points and my weak points...You should see how they support me when I discourage about something connected with the blog....they are my strength !!! Well...sometimes, they complain when I ask them to hold the white cardboard for a photo session and they are immersed in the most romantic part of Glee !!!
I hope this, that is nothing but a game....will make a great memory for my two girls...My two babies, that without my noticing, have left childhood and are growing fast....(oh! too fast !!!!!!!) into adorable little ladies....! 
What do the men in my family do? eat, just eat......what you see in each post!!! My son is so spoilt...where will he find a girlfriend that cooks like me??? LOL (that's the typical comment by a mother, isn't it?) Am I just too horrible or normal??
En fin, bref (like the French say...) "private"confessions on an early Saturday morning between a blogger and the world !!!
Y que gane el mejor!!! (let the best win)


PS: some day I will post this cake that I baptized "Gâteau de Bienvenue en France". A very dear friend gave a dinner party in my honor, to give me the "welcome to France"...She cooked absolutely everything....mouthwatering treats !!! but I had promised to bring the cake, so I invented this cake: mousse au chocolat blanc, mousse au thé vert, mousse de mandarine....glaçage au chocolat blanc !! ( Just imagine the green, white, orange layers!) OMG !!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Congrats to Barbra! I couldn't think of a more lovely winner :D.
Gorgeous cake daaaaahling. Hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead.
*kisses* HH
Barbara said…
Cristina, I think you'll do beautifully in the Project Food Blog challenge! Look at all the support you have in your family! Don't let the video frighten you...there's someone online who does them a lot, she makes it funny...which is probably not what you want, but check her out anyway: http://thehungryhousewife.blogspot.com/

BTW: My boys ended up pretty darn cooks themselves!

I am so excited to win your giveaway! I know exactly what I'd like from CSN! Thanks so much Cristina! I emailed you this morning.
Anonymous said…
I am looking forward to reading your Project food buzz blog. I posted mine today, check it out and let me know what you think
Thanks for the add. Check out my post for the food blog challenge and let me know what you think http://ashandlewplus2.com/2010/09/18/project-food-blog-ready-set-blog/
Ashlee
The Duo Dishes said…
Good luck to you! It's great to read about your story. Your video will be awesome!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ The Duo Dishes:

Thank you for the encouragement !!!
Anonymous said…
I love you so much! And you're going to win that challenge because you are the best and you deserve it!
I love everything you cook and your pictures are beautiful!! But stop bothering me when I watch Glee! (LOL)
Your Daughter M.
Cristina, no doubt that you will do very well in PFB, your enthusiasm for food and your family is so very clear in your writing ! Its amazing the strength and enthusiasm that we get our family -definitely the best source of inspiration and motivation.
Congratulations Barbara!

And Cristina, *ggggggggggg* Now I
CANNOT WAIT to see the video challenge :DDDDDDDD

;)
Congratulations Barbara!

And Cristina, *ggggggggggg* Now I
CANNOT WAIT to see the video challenge :DDDDDDDD

;)