Individual Tropeziènne Tart / Maison d'hôtes Bertine - Provence



Is selfishness inherent to human nature? When it comes to my family and friends, and the Tropeziènne Tart....yes! After the successful first round (here), my family asked for more!!! and seeing how grudgingly they shared, I decided to make these individual tarts!



The recipe is the same, only this time I put the cream in a piping bag, and I used my St Honoré tip, to give it a nice shape.



Here are the brioche "balls" as they came out of the oven....aren't they cute?



Leaving culinary matters behind for a while, I will go to another subject...
Normally, I love keeping my privacy, and I never tell "the world" where I stay for my vacations. Here I will make an exception, though. Why? Because these people have just started , and mainly because they deserve it...Who am I talking about? Maison d'hôtes Bertine...
I chose this place for my Provence stay, and I was pleasantly surprised! The owners are a couple from Belgium: Bertine and Richard. The house has been recently renovated, the rest of the installations are brand-new. Everything here has been designed, thought of, with exquisite taste...attention to the smallest details....!


And I am not talking about decoration only...I am talking about "art de table" (I'm very sensitive to that...) and the food! Bertine is an excellent cook that will delight you with her home-made jams, light lunches, and magnificent dinners, organized a couple of days during the week! She takes enormous care in choosing fresh products from the St Maximin market, bought early in the morning for our evening delight! Fresh croissants and pains au chocolat in the morning...For the "apéro"? Tapenade, tomato caviar, onions confit...the products of Bertine's mastery in the kitchen...Fresh fish, selection of local cheeses, chosen by Richard at "la fromagerie".


The place where "la maison" is located couldn't be nicer...at least for me...far from the crowds, in the middle of the vineyards, to enjoy the fresh air with scent of pines, and the music of the cicadas...


Jacuzzi with view to the woods, swimming pool, nice pergola for evening drinks, a "pétanque" field...too hot? sunchairs to read in the shade! what else? a coffee latte? Richard will prepare one for you, with some "mignardises" (of course) to savour while you turn the page of your can't-put-down novel....


Quiet place, few people...your neighbors? Claudia Schiffer, and the  Jolie/Pitt couple....
Oh là là !!!!





For some details about how to adapt my previous recipe for the individual Tropezienne, click below....


Just follow the original recipe, but divide the dough into 80gr little balls. Knead them well on a floured board. Place them on your baking sheet. Cover them with a clean cloth and let them rise for 45'. Bake for 10/15'.

Comments

Stella said…
Oh Cristina, I want to stay with Bertine! I love that kind of thoughtful attention to sweet details that just make things, well, nice! In fact, at this point, I need to stay with Bertine for a while (smile).
You know, I've been day dreaming about your Tropezienne Tart. I'm kind of ashamed to admit it, but I would have already made it despite being on a no sugar diet right now if I didn't have to convert the measurements. I know I need to learn to be able to do that automatically-I'm so lazy sometimes.
Hey, I'm glad that you got to stay at such a nice place and relax. Everybody needs that sometimes...
Un beso Y un abraso tambien,
Stella
Would you please plan my vacations from here on out? Pretty please???

The tarts look divine--I can see why they would be hard to share!
Unknown said…
Daaaahling, if these tarts are for people who are just a little bit selfish, then give me two ;)
*kisses* HH
Nancy said…
The Tropezienne tarts look beautiful and delicious. I would love to have a couple for myself. The hotel looks like an amazing place to enjoy a great holiday, best of luck to them.
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Stella
I know there is an automatic converter...You can have a day off your diet to reward yourself for your efforts, Stellita...Thanks for being so sweet.
Otro beso y otro abrazo!

@ A Spicy Perspective
Maybe I shoul quit cooking and open a travel agency! LOL Thanks
Tanya said…
Love your blog! I just found you via a post on Tuula's blog. Mmm, and I had my first real tarte Tropezienne on the weekend so how timely to have found you.

Love, love, LOVE your pissaladiere recipe...Purists be damned! The puff pastry and the omission of olives is perfect! I have to try that recipe soon!
Chef Chuck said…
These tarts are making me tarty:) Your photos are so reveling! So beautiful!! Relaxation!! My kind of place:)
Unknown said…
Oh Christina, Now I am dreaming of a perfectly relaxing and beautiful hotel in Provence, thanks for sharing your individual tarts and such beautiful photographs of your vacation, Best Wishes, Patty
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Everybody

Thanks

@ Tanya

Thanks and welcome to my blog !!!!
Anonymous said…
These look delicious! I love all the pictures here. Everything looks so relaxing!
I wish I could pack my bags now. What a delightful holiday. Enjoy your stay, and know you have made many readers very jealous!

I'm loving these little individual tarts. So adorable. I'm actually trying to hunt down some of that lovely little sugar on top here in Brisbane. It looks so pretty!
Cristina said…
@ Baking Serepindity
Thanks and welcome to my blog!

@ Julia Melanger

I know rock sugar might be hard to find in some places...some people make a crumble to replace it!
Thanks for your comment!
You know I love your Tropezienne Tart, but this is even better! So adorable!

Yes, you should be a travel agent, no holiday planner! But no, you cannot give up cooking - I won't allow it ;)
Cookin' Canuck said…
These tarts looks fantastic - I can see why your family didn't want to share. What a lovely spot you found in Provence.
Shell Sherree said…
Cristina, your baking and your vacation look gorgeous! Thank you for saying Hi, and I'm delighted to remind you of your dad's first car. It's beautiful here at your place...
sensiblecooking said…
Those cute little tarts looks heavenly. I would be asking for more than 10 rounds. That place looks so beautiful and relaxing, glad you had good time with friends and family.
bunkycooks said…
I loved that dessert the first time around. Thank you for another version.

I am so happy that you shared your vacation spot. This looks like a perfect place for the Bunkycooks next time we visit Provence.

Lovely post and photos as always.

Gwen
Claudia said…
Sigh. What a blissful post. Sigh.
Dina said…
wow they look delicious!
Hi, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it,Its really helpful for me, hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!