DMBLGIT July 2010: Second Prize



I woke up this morning, and still in bed, I checked my mails in my phone....and there was Asha, from Fork, Spoon and Knife, announcing me my Sushi/Ceviche: a Japanese/Peruvian Fusion had won the second prize (shared with Gracie, of Meringue Desserts) in DMBLGIT July Issue. 
Wow !!! and this announcement triggered a lot of memories....that I shared with my pillow! (nobody was up in my family). I remembered one cold November Saturday morning (I started my blog in December 2009) when I asked my husband if I could have my Christmas present in advance..."What?" my husband said, being to early for him to start understanding my "philosophical" problems..."Yes" I said, "I need a better camera because I am going to start writing a blog".
"And why do you want a better camera, if you are not a photographer, and probably you won't know how to use a better camera?" Et oui..., sometimes my husband's sense of logical thinking is exasperating...(to put it mildly!) "But I will learn" and  I started talking about all the difficult things I had learnt in life (and there I'm sure my husband finds ME exasperating! LOL) 
And I laughed, and maybe my pillow too!! and so my husband woke up, and I proudly told him about the prize...and he asked me "How many dollars did you win?" and I said it was "for the honor", to which he answered: "Cristina, don't wake me up on a Sunday morning unless you have won a prize in dollars!!!" (didn't I tell you his logic is exasperating?)
Well, since I am not a material girl, like Madonna, I feel honoured and happy at this recognition; I would like to thank Andrew, from Spittoon Extra, for creating this contest, Asha for her time for organizing this July edition, the judges, for their work (and choosing me!), but mainly the other participants, and the other bloggers....
No blogger would exist if the others werent't there....
From the bottom of my heart, thanks a lot!!, great people from the world !!!!

Comments

Miriam said…
Felicidades! Todos los ganadores son estupendos.
Stella said…
Felicitaciones! Nice Cristina-this sushi looks so good. I stared at it for almost a minute before reading the post trying to de-construct each part. I wish I was better at making such lovely (aesthetically pleasing) things...!
p.s. My Cauldron Boy sounds just like your husband. He is always 'logical' in the way. He also always explains to me how he is reasonable and I'm not, so I obviously need to listen to him (smile)...
fromBAtoParis said…
@Miriam: Gracias! Tu foto estaba muy buena también !!! Qué haria la blogosfera, sin bloggers como vos!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ What are you talking about? Your work is amazing!!!
Thanks!
Unknown said…
Congratulations, I am sure you have many more prizes and awards ahead, your food is stunning :). Your award is well deserved :D
*kisses* HH
Lulu said…
Congratulations! I wish many, many other awards!
Your blog is relay amazing!
Congratulations! It's a splendid dish (and photo!)
Chef Chuck said…
Hi Chistina,I am so happy for you! You deserve it, your talents are unsurpassed!! Plus, that purchase of a better camera was the right idea! Your eye is like a professional!!
Once again, Congratulations~~
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Lulu
@ A Spicy Perspective
@ Chef Chuck

Thanks a lot !!!
Cynthia said…
Congratulations, Cristina! That sushi is gorgeous looking and I am sure it tastes even better.
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Cynthia Maniglia:

Welcome to my blog, Cynthia, and thanks a lot !!!!
Lori Lynn said…
Congrats Cristina! Well-deserved!
LL