DMBLGIT May 2010: A Recognition



These days have been really hectic (end of the school year, paperwork, red tape, red tape and MORE red tape...) plus this German guy that is chasing me all the time, harassing me...(Shhhh!!! He is called Mr Alzheimer !!!) It so happened that I participated in a contest and I forgot to check if I had won something...and I HAD won something !!! So my "Fraisier for my Chicas" won the Edibility Category in DMBLGIT April 2010, and I am VERY happy, because the bottom line is that I am a cook (or I intend to be...!), not a photographer....so when I cook something, I want people to feel like eating that !!!! I want little pools of water to be formed in their mouths....why do I say "pools"?, a lot of water like the Iguazu Falls in Argentina....


(photo by Cassdalton)



Thank you Andrew at Spitton Extra, and judges for this humble recognition to someone that only dreams of cooking well!

Comments

Ciao Chow Linda said…
Congratulations on your win. Judging from that photo, you deserved it. It looks like perfection and that shiny chocolate layer and strawberries beneath makes me want to grab a fork. Love the Iguazu photo too - We visited there and I am convinced that the word awesome should be reserved only for Iguazu.
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Ciao Chow Linda: Thank you SO much !! Yes, I do agree with you...Iguazu is one of the places to be visited before dying !!! mainly, because it still keeps its wild side, that is harder and harder to find in this world, overpopulated with tourists....
Miriam said…
Felicitaciones, Cristina, te lo mereces! Claro que apetece comerse tus platos... ñam.
Unknown said…
Oh wow, congrats daaaahling, you totally deserve it. Your cake was an absolute masterpiece.
*kisses* HH
Congratulations! This looks delicious, I can see why the victory was deserved. =)
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Miriam: Muchas Gracias!

@ Heavenly Housewife: Thank you! I loved the word "masterpiece" ;D

@ The Simply Luxurious Life: It's very kind of you !
Asha @ FSK said…
Congratulations on the win!! It's a gorgeous photo!! Btw, it was the May edition :)...
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Asha: Thanks, and congrats to you too !!! I'm not wrong, though...This cake was posted by me in April !
Farrah said…
Congrats!! The cake is stunning to look at I can only imagine how it tasted. Kudos!
Claudia said…
Both photos are outstanding. Those wild falls to show nature at it's most beauteous and furious and then that cake - what a cake. I'm trying to figure out the recipe just by looking at it. Congrats and kudos to you!
Chef Chuck said…
You a winner, good news!!
You always amaze me with your baking and photo abilities! Thanks again Christina for sharing your talents:)
I remember this cake Cristina - the one that convinced me you are a genius! Congrats my dear, you deserve it so very much :)
Cristina said…
Congratulations Cristina! It's a gorgeous photo of a beautiful dessert and the award is so very well deserved. =)
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Everybody:

Thanks again for your unlimited generosity...Without your support, what would I do?
Muchisimas gracias !!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Cristina :

Cuando quieras ganarte otro premio, ya sabés que tenés que hacer dos cosas : un postre excelente y cursarme una invitación para degustarlo!
Certifico que estaba exquisito, veo la envidia en los ojos de tus lectores...

Beso

Graciela