My Age-Defying Biscottis...with Goji ! What is Goji?




No more beauty creams!! If we want to look young...faces untouched by the years passing by ( like Dorian Gray!) this is what we must eat...Goji !!!
(Cristina's readers) What??? 
Yes, this is what France talks about ...Actually a good friend of mine (who is a great cook!) asked me if I knew "goji". I thought it was some sort of cereal, but no....it is a kind of dried fruit, apparently responsible for the longevity of Tibetans. (among some other virtues.)I opened my eyes wide!! We do so many irrational expensive things in the name of beauty...looking young...that I thought: " If the Tibetans have eaten this for generations, living looooong, healthy lives...why not an Argentinian living in Paris??!!!


My friend advised me to include these berries in my salads, or with my cereals, but I have a sweet tooth, so I decided to invent the "goji biscotti"..Yes, no more group Botox sessions with the "chicas" ;D ...now, we will all meet at home to have coffee and goji biscotti !!
"But we will put on some weight", one of my "chicas" said..(yes, there is always some reasonable intellectual in the group that shatters your dreams and hopes!  =(
"Well, girls, we can't have everything in life !!! either we lose some wrinkles, or we lose some grams !!! Everything is impossible!! What's more, my reasonable husband always says that when I lose too much weight, I have more wrinkles...and there, I MUST admit (grudgingly!) that he IS right...( yes, I must say he is right...from time to time ;D
So, looking for a great biscotti recipe, I found this one by Martha Stewart, which I immediately loved because it has polenta, which suits my Italian background AND gives the biscotti an attractive yellow color!
So follow Martha's recipe here using goji instead of cranberry...and that's it!!



Where do we find goji in Paris? In G Detout (of course) and it has also become the "fetish" product of La Grande Epicerie de Paris ( Le Bon Marché )



Disclaimer: My opinions, ingredients and suggestions, are personal, of course, and do not, in any way, replace professional medical advise. If in doubt, please, consult your doctor!

Comments

Miriam said…
Qué buena idea utilizar los goji para esto! Porque yo tengo una bolsa y la verdad es que comidos así a palo seco me parecen una porquería... ;)
So healthy and divine! lovely.

Cheers,

Rosa
Unknown said…
Every year it seems like there is a new superfood--I think its all about marketing rather than anything else. I haven't even tried goji berries. My instincts tell me I wont like them though LOL (don't like stuff thats too healthy), but maybe... in a cookie...
*kisses* HH
FOODalogue said…
I've heard of goji but didn't quite know what it was good for. Love your inventiveness in putting it in a biscotti.

P.S. This is correct link http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/cranberry-pistachio-cornmeal-biscotti
Treat and Trick said…
Your biscotti looks amazing! Thanks for sharing about goji and love the addition of this great fruit in this recipe...
Anonymous said…
Those look so beautiful! I may have to make some GF biscotti today. The girlies are home today- we're buried under 10 inches of snow! So some cooking is definitely in order. I have never tried a gogi berry- they're quite popular here too. I'll pick some up at the store the next time I see them. Cheers!
Barbara said…
Well, I don't know about age-defying, but I do know goji juice helps heal the body and boosts the immune system. People who have chemo are encouraged to drink it.
I love that you are using the berries in your biscotti...AND that it has pistachios. Yum.
Nancy said…
Cristina they Age-Defying Biscotti look delicious. Dessert and no wrinkles as a bonus,sweet! I've heard and read such great things about Goji berries but never tried them. I'll need to give them a try since you highly recommend them and can't beat the benefits:)
Gracielita said…
Desde el sábado en que comí un "biscotto" en tu casa se me fueron todas las arrugas y parezco tener 10 años menos!
De haberlo sabido vaciaba el frasco! jajaja!!
Eva said…
I was just thinking of incorporating Gogi in my biscotti as well! Glad to see your post(: They look great!
Everything looks amazing!!!

Any chance you would consider doing a post just on photography!?!?
Aldy said…
I haven't even heard about goji berries. But I imagine they would taste like cranberries...aren't they?

(Me encantaron estos Biscottis-Genial) Great idea for this recipe! They look healthy and delicious.Love the title of your post :)

Besotes,

Aldy.
...interested in the "other things" goji berries do!

What an inspiring way to use them. I've never tried them , but know exactly where to go and look for them!
shamanaccount said…
My what a brilliant recipe it is! Gotta have tons of Goji stocked at my fridge.LOL
Sweet Artichoke said…
I love your biscotti! they are beautiful, colourful and with this combination of ingredients: delicious! + with all the anti-oxydants of the goji berries, they will keep me young and pretty ;-)Que demander de plus?
P.s. had a good laugh with the shop's name!!
Sonia said…
Awesome Biscotti for health and skin !
Jean said…
Beautiful biscotti! If they'll help to make me look younger, even better! I've seen goji berries here, too, but I've never used them. Thanks for the inspiration!
Splendid Market said…
Hello Cristina - I wanted to let you know that I like your style and so I am presenting you with The Stylish Blogger award!

Stop by Splendid Market to "pick up" your award (cut and paste!) and to learn the fun rules which come with it.

Also, I have added you to my blog roll -- I know my Splendid Readers will enjoy your posts as much as I do!

Congratulations!
Amelia PS said…
Cristina: I always love how non-chalant-ly you take a classic recipe (such as these biscotti) and add your very own special elegant twist...like adding something exotic as Goji berries! Have a fab week-end. I will be in freezing cold Davos :)
Adelina said…
What a great spin on biscottis. I have heard that goji berries are good for you, but did not know the significance. I need to see where I can get them. I love your pics too.
Goji berries have been quite popular here in the US for some time now. It is the new super fruit! I've had them plain before but never thought much of them, of course in a cookie they might be quite different, cookies make everything better. Now why could cookies be the answer to aging - I'd be eternally young!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Splendid Market

Thank you SO much for this award !!! I'm stopping by soon !! (it's my daughter's birthday & I have 15 girls at home: cupcakes...cake)
Magic of Spice said…
These biscotti are delightful, age defying or not :) I have used goji berries, but I love the idea of baking with them...Excellent post :)
Claudia said…
Well Cristina - if this is true - this is now my favorite beauty treatment - eating your delicious biscotti!
Lovely Cristina! Goji berries are quite delicious, except for the many tiny seeds inside! I cook with them often in Asian soups and I don't know if they really do keep you young but they do make soup delicious and common Asian wisdom claims that they are excellent for strengthening the eyes! So, no eyeglasses, even if you are eighty??! ;)
Unknown said…
How gorgeous Cristina! I've long heard about the benefits of GOji berries so I think I'm making your house my health food store =)