Chefex (Chef Express): Leek, Pancetta & Cheese Gratin, or when the Chef needs a holiday !!




A new entry for my Chefex ! and with a reason....I have been cooking too much lately..It all started with Project Foodblog, where for several weeks I put all my energy, not only for cooking, but for thinking, creating, taking photos and writing recipes! then the Holiday season...cooking for my family...and then...So I said to myself: "I need a week at least of easy meals, nothing complicated, good but fast..so this gratin!!


Just the leeks, that we are going to "blanchir" (place in boiling water for 5', remove and place in icy water! this makes the leek tender keeping the color), some light cream (taken to a boil) that we have infused with pancetta (or bacon)...and then you accomodate the leeks, cut according to the height of your gratin dish or cassolettes. Pour in the cream with the sliced pancetta. Sprinkle with your favorite cheese (here I used some left-overs of "raclette" cheese..some piment d'Espelette...and to the oven, till the cheese melts!
How long did I take to explain this? Three minutes? Ten minutes will largely suffice for you to make it! Simple, savoury, fast...good for a lazy winter week-end...what else? 


Enjoy!

Comments

A lovely laid-back recipe! I need holidays too... I hope that you'll be able to relax a bit. ;-P

Cheers,

Rosa
garlutti said…
Hola, es mi primera visita a tu blog y me encanta todo lo que haces, los dulces FANTASTICOS! y esta última receta tiene un aspecto sabrosisimo.
Saludos Marimi
Chef Chuck said…
This would warm my heart!! Chefex I like that!
Take care ;~)
Miriam said…
Great little dish! Un poco de verdurita, por favor, la necesito...
Delicious gratin! Just love the way you make it! I've been learning a lot from you lately!
But you are right, one needs a break somehow. I'll have this gratin one relaxed evening!
Stella said…
Oh Cristina! This is an absolutely warming and wonderful sounding quick meal. All I would need to have with it is some whole grain, crusty bread. Plus, leeks so are so delicious. Genius:)!
Hope you get some rest very soon...
Barbara said…
Gratins are lovely and delicious, Cristina! And you couldn't have chosen three tastier ingredients for your chef's vacation.
You've been busy...take some time for things other than cooking.
FOODalogue said…
You make even a simple, quick, chefex dinner look so elegant. I would love one day to dine at your table.
Anonymous said…
Simple and rich.

Relax..you deserve it for all that wonderful work you did...
Anonymous said…
I know exactly what you mean, although I don't do nearly as much as you. I felt exactly the same before Xmas - "overcooked", if I may use this neologism !
The funny thing is that I have prepared something a bit similar for tonight's supper. Only I simmer the leeks longer and add a touch of curry powder (no cheese). Then I place some scallops on top (vieiras) and cover the whole thing with a crumble in which I add some seeds and chopped up shallots.
Congratulations on your perseverance and on the variety of your dishes !

Y.K.W.
fromBAtoParis said…
@Garlutti

Bienvenida a mi blog !! y encantada de tener una seguidora en la tierra de mis abuelos!!

@YKW

Your recipe is much better than mine !! You MUST begin a blog tout de suite!!
Medifast Coupon said…
Healthy and delicious! Great dish, and the pictures are lovely.
I love those little dishes. Are they Le Creuset? I didn't know they made them in white and black.
Magic of Spice said…
Delicious! I know I have said this before, but I love your Cefex series...always delightful.
Wishing you a relaxing and wistful week :)
Claudia said…
Delicious, hearty, warming and I didn't do Project Food Blog - but after the holidays, I too want a break. But Cristina - you're breaks are mroe enriching than mine!
Savory Simple said…
Gorgeous gratin! And lovely photos.
fromBAtoParis said…
@veggietestkitchen

Yes, they come in all colors: mine are gray, black a,d white..;but they come in pink, gold, silver...you name it!
Thanks!
Anonymous said…
ooh Cristina- I love this!!! The leeks were absolutely spectacular when we were visiting Paris, and I used them a lot. I came home with a lovely gratin pan- just perfect for this dish! We'll be making this soon!
I love this sort of dish...cozy, hearty big on flavor! It's perfect.

...and I love your little crocks!
norma said…
This dish warms the belly. I know what you mean by being tired of cooking...I feel as if I live in my "cocina".

have a wonderful weekend

Popular Posts