Chefex (Chef Express): Easy to make Fall Salads!



Caramelized Persimmons, Green Leaves and Melted Mozzarella

Caramelized Figs, Grilled Beetroots and Burrata Cheese
Et oui! I decided to coin this word: "chefex" to welcome you to a new section in my blog: "Chef Express"! The idea is recipes taking little time to make, yet attractive AND yummy! Because it's true....we don't always have the time to make a two-hour long Larousse Gastronomique recipe, but that does not mean we have to order take-out food, or cook from cans!
So, I'm starting today with this very elegant and tasty salads:

1. Caramelized Persimmons with Green Leaves and Melted Mozzarella Cheese.
2. Caramelised Figs, Grilled Beetroots and creamy Italian Burrata....


Just cut the figs in halves alongside, sprinkle them with sugar, and caramelise them using your kitchen torch. Likewise for the persimmons, but you will cut them in thin slices crosswise....



Here, top the caramelized persimmons with some green leaves, previously seasoned in your favorite vinaigrette, and melt some regular mozzarella in your oven, that you will then add to this salad. Sprinkle with "fleur de sel" and pepper...


Here, we will "la crème de la crème" de mozzarellas...burrata!! so this delicacy has to be enjoyed as natural as possible...Just using your fingers (no knives!!) take small portions of your burrata..place it gracefully on your dish...grill slices of (previously peeled and boiled) beetroot...and that's about it! The contrast between sweet figs and the earthy flavor of beetroots is just amazing!! Just can drizzle some olive oil on the burrata and decorate with some basil leaves!!!

You see? No quantities, almost no cooking...Chefex!!
Enjoy!

Comments

Both salads look amazing! I really love the beetroot and Burrata one. Lovely clicks.

Cheers,

Rosa
Miriam said…
Qué buena idea esto del Chefex, jaja. Y qué cosas más ricas se pueden hacer en poco tiempo.
Great idea Cristina and they look delicious. Were did you get persimmon from ?
Yesim said…
looks amazing, loved the presentation..
both salad are delicious, I love both persimmons and figs
wonderful photos
Almost no cooking and so beautiful, both of them!! Perfect! Chefex - yes indeed!!!
Quay Po Cooks said…
I like the term Chefex! The photos are amazing! I can only drool on them because we don't get nice persimmons and figs:(
the salads look so heavenly!! stunning pictures as always:)
Asha @ FSK said…
Love the "Chefex" idea!! the salads are so clean and elegant!! lovely! hehe I had a persimmon, it wasn't ripening. I had plans of roasting and using in a salad and then forgot about it. let me go get another now :)
Claudia said…
i will be an advocate of these pages - pretty to look at, simple to do - fresh,lovely ingredients - this is a better than the two-hour expenditure - and perfect for our Thanksgiving.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful salad. This is how I like to eat fruits and veggies as well. not too many items in the combo so that you can appreciate the enhanced flavors.
Cherine said…
Love the chefex idea!! Both salads look fabulous!
Tiffany said…
Beautiful post! Thank you for some great salad ideas!
Anonymous said…
You brough tears to my eyes...my beautiful mom loved persimmons and seeing this salad made me think of her and how much she would have enjoyed this salad. Thanks for the memories....
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Norma:

I'm glad this brought you nice memories !!!!
Adelina said…
Gorgeous!!! I love your new addition. Love both of the salads. I love the combination of beets with figs. I am sure they are the perfect treat for this season.
Wow this is so gorgeous. I almost wouldn't want to eat it except it looks too good. Lovely-- totally trying this one!!
FOODalogue said…
I'm totally in love with both salads! I'm glad you'l be spreading the word through Chefex that salads are not just lettuce and tomatoes.
Barbara said…
I love figs in a salad, Cristina. With the beetroot and Burrata cheese, it's a salad to drool over! Can't wait to try it!
Unknown said…
Both look beautiful. I'd especially love to try the one with persimmons as I've never had them before. I like the idea of trying them as thin little slices like that.
*kisses* HH
This is my favorite kind of recipe, or non-recipe. Simple, fresh, and striking!
Soma said…
The figs and persimmons are gorgeous and exotic! what a wonderful way to have them.
Stella said…
Delicious, Christina! And you know what? Persimmons grow in my Mom's neighborhood, and I never know what to do with them. Now I do! Thanks...
XO, Stella
Unknown said…
I adore figs! What a great idea and beautiful photos. Grazie
Fran said…
How beautiful these salads are! I wish I had the ingredients in the house today. I'd make one of these to carry to work tomorrow.

The photos really draw me in with their bright colors and contrast. Wonderful!
Aldy said…
Cris,
Absolutely Gorgeous! I think Chefex is the perfect word...Great idea! Both salads look mouth-watering.Stunning pictures as always!


Un Abrazote, Aldy.
ping said…
Such gorgeous pictures! I'm now a fan and a follower.
Jean said…
What a beautiful fall salad and the "express" quality makes it even more appealing. How can anyone like this?

A big congrats for moving on to PFB #8. Well done! :-)
Ben said…
Absolutely gorgeous, and easy/fast enough for anyone to make it. Thanks for sharing this. It looks great.
Sharon said…
The salads look absolutely lovely and am sure would taste as good...
bunkycooks said…
Beautiful and quick salads! What a great idea. You make everything look so elegant. :)
Roadtrek Girl said…
Beautiful-it's freezing in Seattle but you make me want to make these salads today! And congratulations on moving to the next round in Project Food Blog ! You would be an incredible winner !
Anonymous said…
These pictures are so beautiful! I want to lick the screen! Lovely salads, thank you.
Gaby said…
Hi Cristina! Please don't think I have abandoned you.. it is just that I have been very busy...not that busy though to vote for you fab video! I can see you advanced to the next challenge hurray!
Not need to mention that the salads look so appetizing..they are super!and extreme goodlooking.
Unknown said…
Thanks to Chefex for two beautiful, simple and delicious salads, well done;)
Magic of Spice said…
Chefex...love it!
Both of these salad look delightful and perfect :)
Nancy said…
Cristina, your Chefex is a brilliant idea! No excuses now not to eat and prepare beautiful and delicious foods. Both salads sound delectable!

Popular Posts