"Morceaux Exquis" Exquisite Bits....& Bites: Shrimp/Apricot Forks....My Apricot Saga (Part II)



I was on the Metro, the other day, on the way to Le Bon Marché....my "temple", specially during the sales-season....when I saw an ad, for a new exhibit "Morceaux Exquis". The exhibit has nothing to do with cooking....rather it is an interesting tour around the artistic representation of the human body (and its different parts) in Mediterranean cultures....!


I loved the music of the words...and the concept ! Et oui ! an exquisite bit & bite can be made up of just two ingredients...just two things...three minutes in the kitchen, yet...an explosion of flavour! 



Even bees love it!!

....like here...ripe apricots, shrimp, and a vinaigrette made with cilantro, dill, ginger...and just that! 
So sweet.... so tangy....so orange....so Hermès .... yes, I am "soldes" vulture!! 
Enjoy!




Shrimp/Apricot Forks
(for 10 people)
*shrimp, 20 *apricots, 5 


For the Vinaigrette:
*ginger, a small piece, chopped *olive oil, 100ml *dill, 1tsp, chopped *cilantro, some leaves, chopped *garlic, 1 clove, chopped *lemon juice, 1 *fleur de sel *pepper

Prepare the vinaigrette combining all the ingredients. Sauté shrimps (previously peeled, intestine removed) in olive oil. Accomodate big slices of apricot and shrimp on fork. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Season to taste (fleur de sel/pepper) 


Recipe (adapted) by Juliana Lopez May

Comments

Beautiful bites! That is one very original idea/combination.

Cheers,

Rosa
Gaby said…
mmm Cristina that looks so lucious! Because of you I had to buy apricots this week..tinned though :-( ..sorry that I sinned..but I need to make sure they were sweet!
Have a lovely Sunday, I read on the news that is going to be 36 degrees today in Paris!..nice!
Chef Chuck said…
So fast yet so good! For a girl on the go like you, prefect! Love those shrimp...
Sippity Sup said…
No wonder the peas are hovering.! Beautiful. GREG
Unknown said…
Fantastic combination, Cristina! Yes, they are *so* Hermes -- no wonder I was so drawn to them...even the bees have exquisite taste! Cheers! xo
Anonymous said…
Explosion of flavours AND colours indeed ! Bravo l'artiste !

My comment is purposely as simple and meaningful as your post.

Y.K.W.
Miriam said…
Qué combinación tan rica! Y qué colorido!
Barbara said…
What an unusual combination! The colors are wonderful, aren't they? And the vinaigrette is perfect.
Norma said…
Hola Cristina...que combinacion, presentacion, fotos.

You rocked this plate and I am making it...less the bee of course...:p
fromBAtoParis said…
@Norma,

Que lo disfrutes, Norma !!! y gracias!!
FOODalogue said…
I love the one color theme to this bite. Interesting pairing to use apricots.
Very Hermes indeed! I love the bold explosive colors.
Anonymous said…
All that delicious-looking bite is missing is that iconic brown-and-white ribbon around it...but that's for the best.

I'm enjoying reading your apricot saga backwards--I'm so impressed by how creatively you're using them!

Popular Posts