Healthy-Light Cooking to Fit into a "Maillot de Bain" : Sexy Salmon, Ricotta & Spinach, Plus a Summery Lime/Passion Sauce!





Et oui, I think most women go through the same momentum...around the month of June...we have to start considering getting into some sort of swimwear!!! and there we regret...so many sweet tarts...beef...icecream....so "OK, girls...time for fish!" Well, this fish is not that diet, but it's fish....we digest it faster....and then it is not a question of going on a "horrible-food crusade" No, we have to get slim with style...!!
I have my mind set...and let me tell you that when I want something I don't spare the efforts!! In one month I will fit inside one of these "maillots de bain" Yes! I'm in two minds between the Grace-Kelly blue "une-pièce"...oh so chic!...and the cherry-sportive one, to bring out my Roland Garros side (??!!) Do you think my husband will think I look like Sharapova?
One thing is sure, if you want to be considered the queen of French glamour (on the beach), "le maillot" has to be Eres!! Hide away your Banana Moon, or that bikini you bought at C&A....A French lady "Rive Gauche" only wears Eres!! (so expensive that you won't even dare to get in the sea with it...well, the sales are coming, so I think I could afford a summer 2009 model ;D


"Maillot de Bain" photos: Eres Collection 2011
Have you noticed the word "maillot de bain"? How sexy the word is??? It's not the same to talk about your "bathing suit" than saying "I will slide into my maillot de bain..." Why are French words connected with intimate wear so sexy??!! And "soutien-gorge"? (bra) Even  pronouncing the word is sensual....What would Noam Chomsky say about this



Ok...back to my fish....The salmon here has a ricotta-almond filling, and spinach on top....and the sauce is a mixture of lime, passion fruit, ginger, basil and butter (but a tiny bit, to give it its silky look!) You can do away with butter if you want, as I did...Didn't I say I was dieting?
Enjoy it girls! 




To make this Salmon, Ricotta & Spinach, you will need:
(4 servings)
*salmon, 4 pieces *spinach sprouts, 100gr *egg, 1 *ricotta, 150gr *almond powder, 50gr *garlic, 1 clove, chopped *salt & pepper *piment d'Espelette *olive oil *grated parmesan, 2tbsp
Pre-heat oven 180°C. Slice salmon in two (alongside) without actually separating the two parts. Combine the ricotta, garlic, egg, almond powder, salt& pepper, piment, and a little olive oil. (save some mixture to put on top ) Spread the mixture inside the fish, place some spinach leaves, and close. Spread the rest of the mixture on top, some spinach leaves. Fasten with a cotton thread. Sprinkle with some olive oil, salt & pepper, and parmesan. Cook 20/30' (depending on how thick your fish is) Serve with the sauce.



For the Lime/Passion Sauce, you will need:

*lime juice, 1 *passion fruit juice, 2 (without seeds) grated ginger (to taste) *salt & pepper *piment d'Espelette (to taste) *butter, 80gr, melted *basil or dill, 1 tbsp, chopped

Combine all the ingredients. You can add 2 tbsp of coconut cream if desired. 

Recipe adapted "Elle à Table"

Comments

A delightful recipe! With thta salmon, you'll not only fit into your "maillot de bain", but you'll also look radiant and healthy.

Cheers,

Rosa
Ah, why must you remind me of le maillot de bain? :-D I've been trying so hard to ignore it's arrival!
Chef Chuck said…
Yes, I agree "Sexy Salmon"!!
I like those bathing suits...
O ya the salmon, the lime passion sauce sounds even more tempting!
Barbara said…
Aren't Eres swimsuits divine? (So is their lingerie!) But you really have to be fit to wear one. I USED to have one....no more. I'm fit, but too old. They show every little roll and wrinkle. :(
I really like your slimming salmon recipe, Cristina!
Unknown said…
This one is going into my bookmarks. It looks absolutely amazing. I want to start cooking more healthy on my blog, and this is a fabulous place to start.
I am loving those two swimsuits, tres chic and sexy without being in your face. You have fabulous taste (but I already knew that).
*kisses* HH
norma said…
Wear a what? "Maillot de Bain"...More likely a "tent".

Beautiful dish and the dressing is really making me want to run out and get some passion fruit.
Patty Price said…
I went to my first 'pool party' of the warm weather season and enjoyed a barbequed hamburger with a little potato salad on the side, you can tell I'm in complete denial:-)
But, I will say your light fish plate is a sexy one!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Patty,

It's rainy and cold in Paris...I want a party by the pool NOW...WITH hamburguer ;D
Belen said…
aqui ya estamos en plena temporada de traje de baño, por lo tanto pleno calor y lo que conlleva exceso de "cervecitas" y helados, agggg!!: abundancia de calorias.
Hoy he comprado salmón tengo preparada una receta para el blog, pero esta receta tuya... me encanta la idea del punto ácido de la fruta de la pasión, bravo!!
Claudia said…
Yes, love saying "Maillot de bain." Bathing suit is so pedantic. But this salmon is anything but - sexy, creamy, tart, creamy - there's passion in that dish!
Magic of Spice said…
A gorgeous dish, and this sauce...le plus étonnant!
I hope you are having a wonderful week
Dee D. said…
That salmon looks amazing as well as those bathing suits!
haha, i need to get in shape too!
winter makes me lazy!
Aldy said…
Beautiful as always, Cris!

Que lindos trajes y que rico salmon --El titulo del post Sexy Salmon le va de 10. Y es que con tantas cositas ricas es medio complicado no tentarse y subir kilitos en vez de bajarlos :)

Precioso post,

Abrazotes,

Aldy.