C'est l'été ! (It's summertime !) My Apricot Saga....




Et oui...some people go crazy about cherries...others love berries...moi? my favourite fruit? apricots ! I buy them in the market, rue Mesnil..."one kilo, please...and then I stroll home, eating the apricots just like that....I know, you're gonna tell me I will catch a dangerous European bug.....I take the elevator, and sometimes only two are left in the paper bag!


I don't know what makes them so special to me..its velvety touch? this subtile sweet taste....? To them this saga! *Apricot Amandine Tart *Apricot Chutney *Shrimp/Apricot Fourchettes
And while it's pouring in Paris, and it's even a bit cold, we think of summertime! 
I hope you enjoy my ode to the apricot..Stay tuned !! 

Comments

That is also one of my favorite stone fruits (together with Talian plums)!

Cheers,

Rosa
red ticking said…
i love this post... and so happy to have found you... i adore apricots (as my grams always had them in her home) and so i am quite fond of their shape, smell, and of course lucious taste and texture... we will be good friends you and i... x pam
Christel said…
So lovely, you should compile all your writings in a book.
Unknown said…
Oh, I can't wait to see what you make. In all honesty, I've only really ever eaten dried apricots, which I like very much. My favorite fruit is the the alphonso mango. They are only available about 3-4 weeks a year. They are in season right now, and I'm trying to eat as many as I can LOL. I have to order them special from an Indian shop.
Anyway, I recently bookmarked this great and easy apricot recipe that I can't wait to try for myself:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12288/poached-apricots-with-rosewater?utm_source=newsletter145&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ongoing
*kisses* HH
Claudia said…
I love your ode to the apricot and it is among my favorites - I actually am non-denominational with fruit - I truly love them all but am partial to summer fruits.
Barbara said…
So often I find apricots mealy when eaten fresh. But when you find a great batch, there's nothing better. I can't wait to see what you're going to make with yours!
Gaby said…
They are my favourite too! shame the ones in England are so hard! you can almost use for amunition..
fromBAtoParis said…
@red ticking:
Welcome to my blog, pam, and thanks for the comment!

@Christel
Looking forward to being contacted by an editor too!

@Heavenly Housewife

I loved your recipe. Thanks

@Gaby

Apricots aren't that good in Argentina, either..Remember?
Magic of Spice said…
They look gorgeous...we recently picked some up at the farmers' market and they were perfect :)

Popular Posts