Apricot Chutney, for a Cheese Course....My Apricot Saga (Part III)



Finally, the end of my apricot saga...with this apricot chutney, that will make your cheese board, even more appealing!! I would also use this chutney to accompany chicken, cold meats, or even for sandwiches....



Keeping this chutney in jars is like making sure the best of the summer will stay with us for some months...brightening our colder and not so shiny days.....



Here I used roquefort cheese, but the cheese variety is absolutely up to you ! And I "crowned" the cheese with some caramelised hazelnuts that then I chopped ! I love the crunch of the hazelnuts, the sweet/salty contrast between chutney and cheese....

The backstage of the first photo
I hope you adopt this chutney for your summer evenings with friends....
Enjoy!



To make this Apricot Chutney, you will need:


(around 700grs)


*small red onion, 1 *garlic, 1 clove, chopped *chilli pepper (or any other pepper), 1 point *fresh ginger, en brunoise, 1/2 tbsp *olive oil, 1tbsp *butter, 1 teasp *apricots, 500gr *sugar, 200gr *white vinegar, 100gr *cilantro, chopped, to taste

Put the olive oil and butter in a saucepan, and sauté the onion, ginger, garlic, and chilli pepper. Add the rest of the ingredients (the apricots should be washed, rinsed and cut in small cubes), except the cilantro. Take it to a boil, and then lower the heat. Cook for 30'/40' until desired "jam" consistence, stirring from time to time. Once finished, add the cilantro. Put the chutney in sterilized pots. cover with the lid. Put the pots upside-down till completely cool. You can keep this chutney for several weeks. Once the pot is open, keep it in the fridge. 

For the caramelised hazelnuts, follow my recipe here...using hazelnuts instead of almonds...

Comments

Wonderful! I've got a few pieces of cheese just waiting for accompaniment.
Unknown said…
Daaaaahling, those pictures are nothing short of sinful. I am so wanting some of that delicious cheese and chutney.
*kisses* HH
I'd die any day for some chutney and cheese! ;-P That looks fabulous.

Cheers,

Rosa
Miriam said…
Madre, qué colorido! Pues justamente hoy estaba yo pensando en un chutney de cerezas para queso de cabra...
Anonymous said…
Absolutely beautiful, and I'm sure it tastes even better. Stone fruits are finally becoming edible around here so I'll have to try this!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Manhattan Food Project

i know "decent" stone fruit is hard to find...we are spoiled here in France..
Thanks for the comment!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Miriam

Las cerezas son una buenisima opcion!!
Annie said…
Cristina las tres recetas estan buenísimas, pero la tarta es un poema
en cuanto llegue la temporada de los damascos la voy a hacer.
Saludos
Unknown said…
Beautiful apricot chutney with that gorgeous cheese! Your photos have such a dreamy quality that looks so beautiful.
Apricots have such a short season I really like all the attention you've been paying them with your series;-)
Norma said…
This is heaven. You are such an artist. All your creations just stand out.
fromBAtoParis said…
@Norma,

Thank you Norma!! believe me I need encouragement these days.....
FOODalogue said…
The combination of the apricot chutney and Roquefort cheese must be delicious! But what's really delicious is your presentation and photography!!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Foodalogue

Thanks a lot!!

@Everybody

You are so kind...Thanks!!
Fran said…
Oh dear. This looks so incredibly delicious and I don't have any to dig into RIGHT NOW!

As always, your photos are stunning.
I love your gorgeous collection of apricot recipes. So delicious! :)
Ciao Chow Linda said…
Loving the apricot saga and especially seeing this chutney draped over that luscious cheese. Plus it's easy enough for anyone to make and serve.
Lori Lynn said…
I'm sure that chutney is to die for, but that cheese, with those nuts, that is heaven to me!
LL
Magic of Spice said…
What a gorgeous chutney, and I have a cheese board going at least once a week...a most delightful accompaniment :)