PFB # 8: My Saint-Honoré...born in the USA !!!!!




Yes, like Bruce Springsteen, this Saint Honoré was born in the USA !!! It is French in spirit and appearance, but its heart is 100% American: pumpkin !!! Have I gone crazy?? No, it is just that thanks to the generosity of my readers and the judges, here I am, in Challenge #8, of Project Foodblog, organized by Foodbuzz!

Our challenge? To create a sweet or savory baked good, featuring pumpkin...for instance, one that would typically be on display, proudly, in the shop window of a "pâtisserie"...
My personal challenge? To see where I could go...I think this is the great part of this contest,  to challenge ourselves!!! 


For anyone that has the slightest idea of baking, it becomes evident that the Saint Honoré is not an easy task...I had never made a Saint Honoré in my whole life!!! but, what the heck...I decided to take my chances!
Now, basic question...what is a St Honoré????!!! Don't feel bad if you don't know the answer!! Before my coming to France, I completely ignored the existence of this dessert (and I managed to live quite happily without it ;D
Well...this "ode to French Pâtisserie" was apparently created in 1863, by Auguste Julien, in his pastry shop Chiboust, near rue St Honoré....


Basically, it consists of cream puffs, filled with pastry cream, drizzled with caramel....but it is not as simple as that! First, as a base, there is a layer of puff pastry...then a ring of "choux" paste that serves as a "pedestal" for the choux, then a generous layer of pastry cream....and finally, a decoration (with the pastry tip made and called "ad hoc") with Chiboust cream ....!!
Of course, I decided to simplify....not only to follow the guidelines of the contest, but because we can make life less complicated!! The pumpkin question was a real puzzle to me...neither in France nor in Argentina is pumpkin very popular, except for soups or purée....and of course, pumpkin in cans is something I have never seen or tasted....so more internet research and test and trial in my tiny kitchen....


I took this photo I found in Philippe Conticini's book as a source of inspiration...but the recipe is not his...the recipe is the result of my musings and experimention!


Now, one thing has to be said in favor of this cake...it's "royal", it's the Queen of French cakes!...it sets itself out of the rest, because in spite of its apparent simplicity, it has "class".... You should have heard my husband: "Wow...Cristina...frankly...!" and he stopped there, speechless in awe, in the reflection of caramel, that shone like crystals in a chandelier.... You should have heard my daughters: "Mummy...are you making this cake for our birthdays?" "A piece with three puffs for me!", said my son...and then the girls shrieking in unison: "No, it's two puffs for everyone..." and the "crunch, crunch" of caramel breaking and the cream oozing...


And there I understood....that the time spent making it had been time well spent !! so, I invite you to make it...for an occasion...for that day when you really want to show your love to someone...love translated in flour, sugar and cream...love made possible thanks to the  magic power of skillful baking hands...almost like a fairy! 
A Saint-Honoré...a cake for one special occasion,  remembered a life-time!!! 



Here are some photos, of the process...

I didn't make the pastry puff myself....then yes! I caramelized it!!!

My notes while experimenting with quantities, and ingredients!

Once the puff pastry is caramelized, we cut it to the desired shape...

Choux puffs!! right from the oven.....

First, the pumpkin/mascarpone cream...
Then, we decorate with a mix of cream/mascarpone, using the St Honoré piping tip...Hold your breath!!!


Got some caramelized puff pastry left? Cut it in rectangles and make a "Napoleon"


Pumpkin/Mascarpone Napoleon (Millefeuillle)
Another French Classic!!!


If you loved this entry, remember to vote for me, as from Monday 29th !!!
Enjoy!!


For the recipe, see below...








To make this Saint Honoré Cake, you will need:


For the puff pastry
* puff pastry (you can buy the frozen one at any store), 250gr * icing sugar
With a rolling pin, on a floured top, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle or circle bigger than the actual mold you intend to use. It should be 4/5 mm high. Place it on a baking tray, sprinkled with icy water and refrigerate at least 30'.
Pre-heat oven 180°C. Place some parchment paper on the dough, and a cake rack on top. We do not want this dough to grow...it should remain as thin as possible! Bake for 20'. Remove from oven. Let it regain room temperature. Then sprinkle with icing sugar. Bake in the oven on grill (250°C) just a few minutes till it caramelizes. 


For the choux (cream puffs)
*water, 125gr *milk, 125gr * butter, 100gr * salt & sugar, one pinch each * all-purpose flour, 200gr *eggs, 5


Put the water and milk in a saucepan, together with the butter, cut in pieces. Heat. When it is about to boil, remove from the heat. Fold in all the flour at a time. Combine well using a wooden spatula until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan. If you have a gas stove, put the gas in minimum, and continue stirring for 2'...The idea is that you have to dry this dough very well. Put the dough in your stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Once it is cool, add the eggs, one at a time, beating well till since egg is incorporated. Preheat oven 180°C. Put the dough in a piping bag, with tip 10mm. On a baking tray with a Silpat, pipe 3mm balls, as you see in my photo. A peak will be formed. With a finger soaked in water, flatten this peak. Bake 20/25 ' till golden. Remove from the oven. Let cool. On another baking tray with Silpat, make a ring a 20cm in diameter, and 3 cm wide (this is where the cream puffs will stand) Bake together with choux puffs.


For the Pumpkin Cream
* homemade pumpkin puree, 4oogr  *mascarpone cheese, 100gr * gelatin in powder, 7gr * spices (nutmeg, orange zest, ground cinnamon & ginger) to taste *sugar, 3 tbsp (or to taste)
Cut the pumpkin in pieces and put it on a baking tray (with aluminum foil) and bake till pumpkin is tender. Purée the pumpkin in a mixer with the sugar. Add the spices. (here I used a ready-made mixture for "pain d'épice") Hydrate the gelatin with 20gr of cold water. let it stand 5'. Then microwave 5 seconds. Stir well and add to the purée. With a whisk, "loosen" the mascarpone. Fold in to the purée. Refrigerate for 2 hours. When ready to pipe it into the cake, "loosen" it again with a whisk. 


For the Mascarpone Cream
*mascarpone cheese, 370gr *cream, 200gr * vanilla pod, 1 (cut lengthwise, seeds removed) *icing sugar, 3 tbspoons * powdered gelatin, 7gr


Take 30gr of the original cream quantity, put it in a little saucepan with the vanilla seeds (and the pod cut in pieces), take it to a boil and let infuse for an hour. Then remove the pod. In a stand mixer, whip the cream with 1tbsp of sugar. Refrigerate. In a bowl combine the marcarpone (at room temperature), the cream infused with vanilla, the remaining sugar, and the gelatin dissolved in 20gr of water (method? see in "mascarpone cream") Why the mascarpone at room temperature??? because if it is cold, the gelatin will set immediately !! before you have incorporated everything well..Then yes, once you got a smooth cream, refrigerate for one hour.

For the caramel:

*water, 60gr * sugar, 240gr *glucose, 70gr
Put all the ingredients in a saucepan. Heat medium. A caramel  will begin to form. Before it turns dark red,  turn off the heat...!!! (caramel continues cooking even if you have removed it from the heat! remember that!!! Wait some minutes. The important thing here is to have the right temperature of caramel: if it is too hot, it will not cover the puffs properly. If it is too cold, the puffs will stick to the caramel in the saucepan..Don't use the thermometer..experiment..;also think about re-heating caramel (low heat) after some time. the fact that we have added glucose to this caramel is of paramount importance...Its presence gives you "more time" to work and prevents the caramel from burning!


Assembly: 


Cut (using a sharp knife) your caramelized pastry puff into a circle of desired size (here I used a 20cm ring mold). Take your choux puffs and fill them with mascarpone cream: for that, put the cream into piping bag fitted with 10mm tip, with the same tip (or using a ballpen) make a hole in the inferior part of your puff...fill them with the cream; keep them in the fridge until you finished with all of them! My cake here used 17 puffs (with my recipe you will get more...for extra indulgence!) Once your caramel is ready, dip the upper part of the choux in it (be VERY careful not to get burned!!!) let them stand on a Silpat!!) Refrigerate if necessary! Use the caramel to stick the choux ring to the puff pastry disk, and then just dip the choux slightly into the caramel ,and stick them to the ring! Phew!!!! The most difficult part is over!!
Put the pumpkin cream into a pastry bag fitted with a 12cm tip. Look at my photo!! Make a layer of this cream. Then, put the mascarpone cream in another pastry bag fitted with the St Honoré tip (you can use another tip if you want..) Look at the photo! Create "rays of cream" that converge to the center...Place one choux as a form of "hub"
NB: before putting both creams into the pastry bags, it is necessary to "de-contract" them, to loosen a bit the firm texture created by the gelatin...use a whisk for that, but don't overdo it!)

Comments

Unknown said…
Well, that is what you call an American beauty :D (wearing a bit of French couture). She is completely divine.
Have a wonderful weekend.
*kisses* HH
Cherine said…
Wow Cristina!! You should open a patisserie in Paris and I will be your first client :)
Good luck and I'll definitely vote for you on Monday!
What a splendid Saint-Honoré! It looks so perfect and heavenly.

CHeers,

Rosa
Anonymous said…
OK ! I'm not first yet, but I'm improving ! YOU, Cristina, sound BEYOND improvement... Your St Honoré looks so perfect. You don't spare your time,efforts and imagination, do you?
And that photo ! It should be in Vogue magazine or some similar luxury publication.
Bravisimo, Cristina, from me ... and Alexandre who has just peeped in !
Y.K.W.
fromBAtoParis said…
@Heavenly Housewife
@YKW
@Rosa

Thank you girls !!!

@Cherine
Thanks !! Maybe, I'll open "something" in Paris!!
Mardi Michels said…
Yes this is one special cake and I am in awe. I don't know I could ever attempt anything quite so beautiful! Good luck.
Chef Chuck said…
Cristina, You are something else!!
This looks marvelous~ Your left overs alone were great! Yum...
Nice dessert!! Photos are elegant!
Miriam said…
Cristina, te lo he dicho más veces, pero te superas post a post! Qué belleza de pastel! Y te ha quedado igualito que el de la foto. Estoy de acuerdo con Cherine, deberías abrir un negocio de catering o algo... ;)
Ceci said…
Te pasaste, Cristi! La Argentina te queda chica, ja ja!
FOODalogue said…
Magnifico!! Since I'm one of your readers who was not famiiar with Saint-Honoré, I appreciate the little history lesson -- but, most of all, I appreciate what you bring to the food blogging world: undeniable class/syle and expertise in cooking, photography and communication. Bravo!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Mardi

Thanks and good luck to you too!!!

@Chef Chuck

Thanks to my most faithful follower!!!

@Miriam

Gracias Miriam....De eso se trata, no? Tratar de hacerlo cada dia mejor...Tu lo haces también !!!

@Ceci

Gracias Ceci, soy como Petronilo !!!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Foodalogue:

Your words honor me!! This has been my objective since the day I started blogging!! To give the best I had...to respect my readers, doing things that show a certain know-how!!
Thanks a lot!!
Belinda @zomppa said…
This is super special! Your kids are lucky. Love the history, love the beauty of this cake. Styled perfectly. I'm blown away!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Belinda

Woww!! Thank you! You are very generous!
You are my number one favorite pumpkin recipe of the year. Bravo to you.
Kath said…
I am in awe! What a fabulous use of pumpkin. Your description of your family trying it made me want a piece NOW!

Surely you'll move on to #9! You've got my vote!
Stella said…
Awesomeness! I want to eat Saint Honore with my coffee right now. OH, and the addition of pumpkin sounds so grand in this traditional French treat, Cristina. You have officially knocked my socks off;)!
By the way, your photos are stellar here. I love the one with the Saint Honore on a cake stand showing the inside of the pastry. So pretty...
XO, Stella
Unknown said…
Cristina this is the most elegant pumpkin desset that I've ever seen! It was a pleasure to check out this post, thanks for sharing the photos of the process of making this creation. Congratulations on your FB challenge, you have my vote;)
bunkycooks said…
I think you are now ready to be a pastry chef! This is truly spectacular. You are so talented. I wish you great success in this challenge and beyond! Not to sound like your family...but, will you make one of these is I come to Paris? ;)
I'm so excited to see that you made one of my favorite desserts into a pumpkin dessert. We have a French bakery in Portland that was opened by a man who moved here from France. The name of the bakery is actually called Saint Honore! Your dessert looks a million times better than the one I'm used to getting at the bakery! Not only does it look incredibly beautiful but soooo delicious as well! Your pictures look like they're out of a magazine! Just stunning!

Great job and I'll be voting for you! :)
Winnie said…
Holy gorgeousness! You are so talented Cristina- in both the baking and in the photography...beautiful, beautiful job :)
Cristina this is truly a sight to behold!!! I think anyone would be thrilled to have this grace their thanksgiving table, and you could probably sell it in a pastry shop too! So beautiful, and I can appreciate your precision and skill. :) Great entry!
Beautiful! Gateaux Saint-Honoré is on my list of things that I'd love to make but that really scare me. Yours is so impressive!
Jean said…
My goodness, Cristina! Wow! I think I'm as speechless as your husband. I'm with Cherine--I'll be in line with her if you ever open a patisserie. Your St. Honore is marvelous and I can only appreciate the time and effort that went into creating this beauty. You photographed it beautifully, too. Congrats on another job well done!! :-)
Unknown said…
With your creation, the humble pumpkin has been elevated to high society! This dessert looks so magnifique, I think you've inspired me to give it a go. ;-)
Very impressive! Love learning about new dishes from around the world. Beautiful photos. Great post and best of luck with challenge #8!!
Anonymous said…
Your one classy Lady and it shows in your food and style. Simply devine. Again, the best of luck and you know that my vote is a done deal.

Bravo Cristina!
Jackie said…
My fellow European, que bonita! Your saint-honore is simply stunning. I love it. Well done! Good luck for this round ;)

Jax x
Nancy said…
Bravo Cristina! Yet another amazing recipe and beautiful photos by you. I would give you all of my FB votes if I could. Your Saint Honoré looks like it belongs in the classiest of Parisian Patisserie.
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Everybody:

Wow !!!! Just coming back from the movies...very moved after seeing "Mother & Daughter", and now I find myself with all these precious comments...so precious to me!!!
Thank you, thank you, people !!! You ade me day, and many days to come !!!
Anonymous said…
This looks divine. Congrats on another challenge well-done! This will surely get you to the next round, and I intend to vote you in that direction =) This is going on my To Do list. I will need to figure out how to make the cream puffs w.o. eggs first!

Thank you for this lovely recipe.
Roadtrek Girl said…
Cristina, you just continue to amaze me with the quality of your work,your gorgeous photos,your creativity and your stories..you cook and write from the heart and sharing that with us makes us all feel very special..thank you and good luck !
fromBAtoParis said…
@ the veggie:

i could try to find out how you do that !!!

@ Seattle Pastry Girl:

Thanks

@Bunkycooks:

Welcome home any time!!
Carol y verol said…
Como siempre haciendo unas recetas deliciosas y unas fotos bellisimas! Saludos y siempre es un placer venir a tu blog!
Cristina - A beautiful St. Honore and very clever way of incorporating French pastry and the pumpkin together. Good luck with the competition. You have my vote!
One of my most favorite cake. Beautifully executed.
Amelia PS said…
Cristina: maravillosa! this is so elegant, and creative. It is a dessert I would love to serve at a special party. It's a beauty and you have taken pumpkin to the next level!!! I am jealous that you will get to dine in Paris for your restaurant review :)
It certainly looks French, but I would been happy to serve this at any American holiday party. We ARE pumpkin-crazing this time of year!

You never cease to amaze!
The Cuisinerd said…
Absolutely the most beautiful dish in the competition. Kudos to you and definitely on my list of holiday treats (my mother spend time in France and this will be a welcomed treat!)
Delishhh said…
Wow Impressive. I'll be in line with anyone here if you ever open a patisserie. Your St. Honore is marvelous I can't imagine how long that took. I did cream puffs awhile ago and that was time very time consuming. Nice work!
To my fellow contestants...

@The Cuisinerd
@Amelia

Thank you girls. You have done a terrific job too !!!
@Delish

You all people have convinced me !!! I am going to open sth here in Paris!!!
Graciela said…
Cristina, soy Graciela Sala tu excompañera de las clases de B.Chomnalez q ya te escribio y se anoto en tu blog. Quiero felicitarte x q en cada entrega, cada receta te superas. Esto ultimo q has producido el Saint Honore "sui generis" es realmente una creacion de alguien talentoso. Adoro ese postre, desde chiquita mi madre lo hacia delicioso y yo comia como una huerfana. Por eso te felicito q hayas desarrollado para el concurso este postre y lo hayas llevado a las exigencias del concurso.
Tambien las recetas del Chefex, otro invento tuyo, buenisimas. Segui con fuerza, con tu talento, con tu creatividad y sobre todo con tu buen gusto. Vas camino de ser una grande. Muchos cariños y mucha "merde"
fromBAtoParis said…
@Graciela:

Muchisimas gracias por tus palabras!! Me llegan muchisimo ya que vienen de una compatriota que compartio "el banco" de la escuela de Beatriz...Ademas, a veces, entre pares, no somos tan generosos en los comentarios...! Me alegro que te haya traido lindos recuerdo!! Ahora para mi, el compromiso, de superarme todos los dias..;eso quizas lo aprendimos de Beatriz..
Un gran beso, Cristina
Gaby said…
I am speechless! and I can tell you that doesn't happen everyday..!
Such an elegant and lovely cake, fantastic idea the change of the classic cream for the pumpkin.
I have a little request if I may..if you have time of course..I would love to make a bouche de Noel for christmas and there are many many recipes out there but don't know who to trust.. hint hint:-). could you point me in the right direction?
fromBAtoParis said…
@Gaby and the Magic Carpet

Which are your sources, Gaby? Give me some time and I will do research for you!!
Thanks for your comment !!!
Cristina you are so inspiring! I look at you and think I can do anything, because you make everything seem possible! I love pumpkin already, but with this magnificent creation, you have elevated it for me!!!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Denise

Thank you Denise !! I got your 6 messages !!! LOL
Thanks a lot !!!
Isabelle said…
Absolutement superbe, Christina! I haven't had a St-Honoré in years, but now I have a desperate craving to make one... I doubt it would be half as beautiful as yours, though. Chalk it up to beginner's luck if you like, but you knocked this one right out of the ballpark.
Bonne chance! You've got my vote.
@Isabelle

Merci beaucoup! You taught me a new expression (to knock sth out of the ballpark)
Thanks !!!!
OMG This is gorgeous.I so desperately want a slice. I would skip the whole meal just for a taste of this.
Trish said…
Wow, a serious undertaking and you've done a fabulous job. Looks amazing. Love the French dessert with an American take. Voting now!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Potato Chops and Boneless Chicken

Yes, it's a good idea..it's not "diet" exactly, but we must indulge from time to time !! Thanks !!

@Trish

Merci beaucoup !!!
The Cuisinerd said…
What an absolutely stunning looking dessert! I can taste it from here!!
wonderful, stunning, absolutely fantastic!
Leila
My Barbarian Table
What a beautiful dessert! I can't believe how complicated it is! I had no idea what a Saint-Honore was before your post -thanks for the beautiful and informative post.
momgateway said…
Gorgeous masterpiece, Cristina!
Jason Phelps said…
This was new for me and what a creation! I love pumpkin and this time of year I really love desserts!

Jason
I would have never guessed this was your first attempt at making a Saint-Honoré, it looks absolutely perfect!
Aldy said…
HEAVENLY!!! Que belleza, que trabajo y que delicadeza!

Un Abrazote,

Aldy.
It came out tres tres pretty :) Must try this recipe soon!! Great job on this post!
Mariko said…
Gorgeous. I think the "leftover pastry" looks almost as delicious as the main course!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Everybody

Just woke up to find all these encouraging comments !!
That's the good thing about time difference !! Thanks a lot!!
You have my vote! Your post is amazing--I am not a baker, much less a pastry baker, and I am way-impressed that you took this on!

Buena suerte!
Ben said…
Oh. My. God. This looks insane! Beautiful presentation, and I would order this in a heartbeat!
Chef Chuck said…
I just voted for one of the best blogger's I know!!
Thank you ;)
As always Cristina, well done ! looks amazing and great photos !!! Good Luck
Heather said…
That looks soooo gorgeous and tasty!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ChefChuck

Look who's talking! One of the best Italian food bloggers I know !!!
Claudia said…
Lovely as usualy, Cristina. The pastry is a work of art. Will vote for you!
Vicki Wilde said…
Wow, what an amazing looking dessert! I don't know if I have the patience to make such a beauty! Congratulations on making it this far in the competition and good luck this round.
Adelina said…
Cristina this is just irresistible. That looks beyond beyond beautiful. I definitely want to make this some sort of an occasion. I am just not sure if I can pull it off like you. I voted for you before even reading your post. Not sure if that's fair, or not but the picture sold it for me. Love you and best of luck.
Diana Bauman said…
Christina, I am just amazed. You have such a talent with cooking, baking, writing and photography. I am so glad to havemet you through this project. Best wishes!!
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous as always. You never cease to amaze. The Saint Honore looks as mouthwatering as it does beautiful. Very nicely done. You have definitely earned your spot in the top 12. =) You have my vote!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Diana

@Jacob

I feel very honoured to receive those words from amazing competitors !!! Thanks a lot !!
Diana, good luck !!!
Jacob, as I have already told, you should have been here too !
Lana said…
Just like everybody else, I am so impressed by your Saint-Honoré. I have never had it, but it looks so inviting in your beautiful photos. You are truly a talented woman. Great post and good luck!
Torviewtoronto said…
delicious cake and presentatition lovely post
Graciela said…
Holaaaaaaaaaaa! Estoy de vuelta y justito para votar por vos...
Menos mal que existen tus páginas coloridas y tus postres celestiales para hacer pasar el mal trago del verano argentino al invierno parisino!
Se acerca mi premio a pasos agigantados pero estoy desesperada, no sé qué elegir!! ME GUSTA TODO!!
Besos
Tu admiradora incondicional
G
Sara@OC2Seattle said…
Congrats on making it so far in PFB! Can't wait to see the entry for Round 9 ;) Cheers!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Everybody

Thank you SO much for your support, comments, AND votes ;D
Christina, your creation is truly a work of art. I am one who thought, "what is a St Honore?" and was fascinated with the history behind this delightful pastry. I am with your son, "three puffs for me"! Une piece de resistance! Delicieux!

Judy
Sweet Artichoke said…
Your Pumpkin Saint-Honoré is amazing! the little choux are made to perfection! The mille-feuille looks awesome, too :-)
Gaby said…
Hi Cristina ! Consider yourself voted for!
I wish you all the best. Since the beginning of your blog you have surpassed yourself on every post,in every idea and every photo.
Feel very proud girl! you deserve all the good everyone is wishing for you.
Saluditos, Gaby
Lori Lynn said…
Brava Cristina! GO ALL THE WAY! You are the best and this entry is proof of that!
LL
Gali said…
What an interesting take on the cake. I remember being told and then reading the tradition Saint-Honoré story as to how the cake came about and this post reminded me of those times. And good times those were!
That effort takes my breath away. Seriously beautiful- I'll bet it was delish! Did the kids get three puffs each? I hope so!!

Sending a vote your way.

Lisa.
fromBAtoParis said…
@Everybody:

So overwhelmed by all this support...A million thanks!
Liren said…
Cristina, just when I think I have seen enough pumpkin magic, I see what you have created and I am speechless. I would love, love, love to be a fly in your kitchen and watch you at work. Superb!
Unknown said…
Wow Cristina, this is amazing!! I just voted for you :)
fromBAtoParis said…
@Liren

Thanks !! You'll be welcome to Paris anytime!!

@Avanika

Wow, from India!! Welcome to my blog, and thanks a lot!!
Annalise said…
BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely lovely. And I'm sure it tastes as great as it looks! Just voted for you!
Oh Cristina, it's absolutely gorgeous! Truly a work of art. You have my vote for sure and good luck to you in the challenge!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Annalise
@Lindsey

Words of appreciation of fellow contestanrs count double...Thanks girls !!!
eataduckimust said…
would you be mad at me if i told you i was more attracted to your millefeuille? :) i can't believe the amount of work you put into this. really amazing!
You didn't choose the easy way into this challenge but as usual, you succeeded into making a picture perfect dessert! Your work is so meticulous and the Saint-Honoré is obviously mouth watering. I've been a fan since the very beginning of Project Food Blog, will be until the end, and will remain a fan way beyond the challenge!
fromBAtoParis said…
@eatduckimust: Of course you can prefer the millefeuilles !!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

@Marie
@Magic of Spice

Thank you so much...! Much obliged!!
Unknown said…
Hello my Saint-Honore, you are one gorgeous piece of cake! Thanks for introducing me to this loveliness. You did an awesome re-recreation this classic and with the pumpkin twist. Good luck!
Well done! Looks like you tackled this challenge beautifully. Good luck :)
Sandra said…
Perfection! Just voted for you and I was amazed!
Dina said…
wow i love it! it's so pretty.
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Everybody

Voting is over! Independently from results, I want to thank you all for so much support, enthusiasm, love!
And I feel really glad if you liked this cake..if you discovered it for the first time !! if this cake made you "dream"..
un beso enorme para todos !!