Bonnes Vacances à Tous! Felices Vacaciones para Todos! Second Thoughts about Friend's Day...about you!!! and the Château de Chaumont



Well, I'm not starting the "big family vacations yet" (that will be in August) but considering that my three children have left in summer camps around the world...(lucky kids!) I have decided to take only a few days off, escaping to my favourite retreat, the south of France, but not the crowded beaches, but the small villages, full of charm, full of authentic people, who cherish their traditions, their "cuisine"....and this is what I want to profit from! in the company of my husband !! We will also take the opportunity to visit some friends who live there too....
But before leaving you, I wanted to tell you that I have been thinking a lot about this Friend's Day...about how I celebrated with the friends that were here, but I also thought of you.... Yes, because ever since my blog started, seven months ago, you, some of you in particular, have been there, like real friends...supporting me with your comments, making me laugh sometimes, encouraging me to grow, to outdo myself....and I always wonder how that is possible, I find it so incredible!!, how are there people around the world who use their precious time to write to ME??? Sometimes people  I've known for years don't write to me...! Yet, you do! You, strange friends...strange because sometimes I don't really know your real names....I don't know your faces!!! I could be sitting next to you at an airport, without knowing that you are my dear Stella, or Bunkycooks, or Barbara, or Wheels and Lollipops, or Heavenly Housewife (and I should mention so many of you that always write to me, always!) Of course I would recognize Chef Chuck! the only man that writes to me always!! He is famous! He's on TV !! 
Thanks to all of you !! My dear new friends! Anonymous friends!! Still, your presence makes me happy...I feel you near me (even if the Atlantic Ocean separates us....or another ocean!) Tomorrow night, in the south of France, I will raise my champagne glass, on Friend's Day, for all of you!!!

The incredible "shade-chair" of the picture can be found in the Château de Chaumont....
If you want to see more pictures, click below....





Yes, this is one of the amazing châteaux in the Loire Valley...one of my favorites..because it is like those in the fairy-tale stories, because of its history...(apparently Catherine de Medici, Henry II's wife, bought this castle, and there she housed her favorite astrologers AND then also, she "kindly" asked her late husband's lover, to move from Chenonceau to this castle ???!!! These people were clearly weird...! Why doesn't anyone ask ME to move to Chaumont as "punishment"?



Ok, leaving aside all these royal eccentricities, the château houses every summer a "Festival de Jardins" (a garden exhibit) but not the typical "jardins à la française" but rather, small compositions designed by modern landscapers, where mostly they try to convey a message, transmit feelings, ideas, philosophies....



Well, here's the English garden! Nice idea...I could have used all these plates and cups as props for my cakes !!




Space devoted to the birds of France...we all played like children, pressing the buttons to hear the different species "singing" and reading about them...Wanna sit?



Here's the "jardin vilain" (ugly, dirty garden) that made all the people laugh...yet the guy shows that even with no sense for aesthetics you can still have a garden! The supermarket trolley set our "green-awareness" working...how many years will it take the Earth to get rid of our "human" presence....the day we all disppear?



Sculptures..... aromatic plants "bottled" to capture their "eau de parfum".....




Flowers of course !!



And Nature....and its perfection! The work of humankind and its perfection too !! A real blessing when man accompanies nature, not rivals with....Food for thought, and day to be enjoyed!

Comments

Stella said…
Cristina, thank you so much for mentioning me in this sweet post. I feel so flattered & happy too, because, well, you know how I feel about both your art work and personality-about you! The first time I saw your photos, I was intrigued. And from the moment I read your writing, I felt 'close' to you, the person. It's how you said one time that people can just feel each other. Maybe even through the atmosphere (smile).
p.s. those people were clearly weird, but that chateau is beautiful. Glad your'e relaxing by the way. I need to do that too...
bunkycooks said…
Cristina,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I feel so honored to be mentioned and considered as one of your friends in this blogging world. I also feel that you are truly a special soul and am so glad that I found you and your beautiful blog!

I have met some other bloggers in person and have spoken to others on the phone. I know that someday we will meet (hopefully in Paris!) or at that beautiful chateau. I so want that chair! ;)

I will bring the wine if you promise to bring that French Moelleux au Chocolat!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Gwen
Chef Chuck said…
You are a wonderful friend! I can sense that we would still be even better friends, if I lived in France! I feel you as a warm family loving person, plus much more, that is right down my ally!!
I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for thinking of me! I often think of you also:)
Please enjoy your trip, south of France, it sounds like a lot fun!
All the best, Chef Chuck
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Stella
@ Bunkycooks
@ Chef Chuck

Thank YOU !! Your words are wonderful, and they warm my heart!!! I hope we meet some day!!
and after the holidays...let's keep on working together!
Mjosé said…
Felices vacaciones ! Menudo sitio tan precioso has elegido para "desconectar".
Que tengas un buen verano.
Barbara said…
So very sweet of you, Cristina! I consider you a friend too and wish I could be there to toast us with a glass of champagne!

I think one of the most delightful weeks I ever spent in France was our visit to Chateau country. And we saw Chaumont. It's lovely and certainly no punishment!
Have a lovely vacation!
Unknown said…
Thank you so much for the mention :). I know what you mean, the internet is the most wonderful place in the world. I love it how you get to "meet" people that you never would have met otherwise, but they are people that you have so much in common with. Do you know, I actually met my Mr P on the internet when I was in university?
I am so glad to know you daaaaahling, I genuinely think you are one of the best cooks/bakers in the bloggosphere.
*kisses* HH
Anonymous said…
Dear Cristina,
I´m really happy to have met you!
You are a lovely person.

Enjoy your trip so you later can tell us your adventures!

Kisses,

Silvana, from Tigre to Paris...
Gorgeous photos! And a sweet recognition of friends! I'm new to blogging as well and I think the people you get to know are the absolute best part!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Silvana:

Thank youuuuu !!! You are also one of the most fabulous people I have ever met !!! AND neighbour !!!
I miss you!!!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ everyone:

Thanks a lot !! I dream of meeting you some day !!
Unknown said…
Hi Christina, I enjoyed reading your very sweet tribute to your many friends and seeing all your wonderful photographs of France, so many beautiful things to photograph and share with the rest of us, thanks again, Patty
Sorry I'm a little late Cristina but Happy Friend's Day! Hope you have a wonderful time and show and tell us all about it when you get back :)
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Pacheco Patty

@ Denise

You see? When you make a list of people, then there are always some who are not there (in this case, because I do know your real names....) and it seems unfair, because you too are also incredible people I 've met here...in blogosphere !!! Thanks girls for sharing with me !! Happy Day !!!
Ciao Chow Linda said…
Have a great time on your little visit with friends. How wonderful to have found your blog. It is really filled with wonderful recipes and interesting commentary.
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Ciao Chow Linda:

Thanks a lot !!!!
Magic of Spice said…
What beautiful photos...and such a warm and sweet post:)