FoodBuzz & Top 9, and a wish !



I woke up this morning, checked my in-box, and there was Ubiquitous Food Cravings, congratulating me for being Top 9, in FoodBuzz !
I must admit I didn't know what she was talking about...(too sleepy, hadn't taken my coffee yet!....I know I have to cut down on coffee but...)
Ever since I started blogging on December 14th, 2009, I enrolled in FoodBuzz but then...I must admit that was the only thing I did...Probably the horrible Parisian weather this weekend led me to update my enrolments and things....so there I sent my photo of my post: "how to make macarons: basic recipe"



I must admit that this photo has given me lots of satisfaction, encouragement, foolish pride. I never studied photography, and I know that photographically speaking, that photo could be improved in a million ways, but for some reason the world has adored the picture (and the recipe, of course!) and when I say the world is because when the same photo appeared in Foodgawker, well my poor Mac exploded with entries....
I wouldn't like to sound pretentious, I favour low-profile, and I hate talking about these "achievements", but I felt I had to thank all those generous people in the world that take time of their precious life to encourage me, to say "Hey, I like what you did"....Thanks, thanks a lot How much generosity....!
And when I talk about "foolish pride" or "silly happiness" I mean it...All my admiration goes to the anonymous people who really do important things in this world, like those who are helping in Haiti, doctors who save human lives, and no one ever gets to know them, researches who devote their time to find solutions to illness, mothers in poor countries who strive to feed their kids, fathers in countries ridden with unemployment, who work endless hours (sometimes in not-so-humane conditions) to earn a few coins, with which to buy something to eat....
To them, all my admiration....Why don't we write a blog about them? They make me feel proud of belonging to this thing that is called "humankind"...
Well, these are my thoughts...Unfortunately, since English is not my native tongue, I feel I have expressed my feelings only half way.... What is in my heart would have been expressed more deeply, more accurately in Spanish....but this is a blog in English, so.....

Thanks again, dear readers, bloggers, for your endless generosity!!! 

Comments

Unknown said…
Congrats daaaaahling, those macarons really are beautiful. It was that picture that first brought me to your blog, and I'm glad it did.
Have a wonderful weekend.
*kisses* HH
These look so so so delicious dear-have to try em soonnnnnnn

LOVE IS IN THE AIR ,SO IS ROMANCE ,...WISHING U LOADS OF IT @365
COngrats with loads of love and a few winnie de pooh hugs topped with kissed....
The macroons ,made o beautifully by u ...got their due.....and thats d begining of a awards few....
Honestlt Cristina i didn mean for this to ryhme but it did...

LOVE IS IN THE AIR,SO IS ROMANCE AND WISH YA LOADS OF IT@ 365
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Vanillastrawberryspringfields: Thanks for your wishes, girl poet !!!!! You sound Shakesperean ! =)

@ Heavenly Housewife: Same here !
SKIP TO MALOU said…
congratulations! now let me go scheme through your blog... im loving what im seeing already!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Malou: I'm glad you like the idea ! Let's see who else joins !
Jack T said…
Hi Cristina,

a fabulous presentation. Compliment.
Greeting Jacob