Ecole Lenôtre-Paris / Entremets (Cakes) Part II



Well, this is the second part of my Lenôtre experience...




As I said in my previous post, I am not allowed to give you recipes, but I can tell you what is in the cakes !



This cake has a mousse made with pineapple and coconut, plus bananas, pineapple cubes and mangoes sautée with rhum, plus white chocolate mousse "à la vanille de Madagascar"




The original flavour of this cake is given by a lemon-basil ganache, this is why it is decorated in green. Notice how the "glaçage" shines..."secret recipe" for this " mirror" glaçage that doesn't lose its sparkling quality in the freezer.....






A base of brownie and chocolate ganache for this one. Look at the ribbon-like decoration ! You can only achieve that with a pipe "Saint-Honoré", which is an irregular-shaped pipe used in France to decorate the mythic and traditional Saint Honoré. If you come to Paris, go to Mora, and ask for a "Saint-Honoré douille" 






Original cake made with ricotta cheese and pears!



A green tea (Matcha) Opera, another French classic !!!!




Notice how the "biscuit" was decorated in coffee squares to match this delicious cake made with chesnut mouuse, orange marmalade and Grand Marnier parfait !!!!





At the end of the course, we were awarded our diplomas by these chefs...look at their collars with the French flag ! That means they are MOF !!! (meilleur ouvrier de la France): award given for excellence in craftmanship ! Don't they look incredibly French?



This is only a sample of the things done...truly worthwhile course !!
I hope you have enjoyed the virtual visit !!

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow, look at all those fantastic cakes!
Gabriela said…
Hello from Toronto,

Love your blog, fabulous photos!



~ Gabriela ~
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Chuck
@ Heavenly Housewife

Thanks , and I hope we all find the cakes a source of inspiration for the future!
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Gabriela: Welcome to my blog, and thanks for your comment!
Gourmantic said…
Beautifully presented 2 part post! I like how you resented the photos in black and white in the first part.

Here's to inspiration in the kichen! :)
fromBAtoParis said…
@ gourmantic: Thanks a lot! Yes, I think the black and white adds a dimension of intimacy....
Lori Lynn said…
These photos are terrific.

Lucky you!
LL
Jack T said…
Hi Cristina
for here I'm bursting with envy.
A dream !!!!!
Fantastic. My world
Thank you for the superlative presentation
Greeting Jacob
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Lori Lynn
@ Jacktels

It was a lifetime dream for me too !! I know a lot of people would like to be there, this is why I decided to share the images, my experience..Who knows? Maybe you'll be the next....
xxxx
blinks.of.life said…
oh wow! Thank you for posting these gorgeous cakes. I'm looking into a pastry school myself. Hopefully I get to go to Lenotre soon :)

I was wondering though, was the class taught in French? You have to be fluent in order to attend their classes?
AVEC JULIETTE said…
Thanks Cristina for blogging about this school! :) I've been trying to find out more about Lenotre and I really want to take the 24 week "Master Class" there soon! Did you do the 24 week program or did you take several 1 week professional courses?

@ blinks.of.life: the classes are in French, but I was told by the school that you do not have to be fluent in French, as everyone speaks English there and the teaching materials/recipes are provided in English. They can also organize a French language class once per week, if enough foreign students attend.

Lenotre Master Class
d said…
Hi, Could you tell me a bit more about your experience at Lenotre? I am considering - but slightly terrified - of taking the 3-day course with Joel Robuchon there this June. How much background did you have? Did you prepare for the linguistic issues (i.e., learn special vocabulary)? This looks like an amazing experience and i'd love to go, but even though i've been cooking for decades, am terrified of being the idiot in the room.

Merci!
@d

Write to me to this mail address, and I will answer:

frombuenosairestoparis@gmail.com

Thanks!

Popular Posts