Now in English! Concours Figaro Madame! and the Reason Why I Blog...




Counter of votes back to zero!!!!! Please, could you vote again? (Sorry)




I would like to start this post thanking those of you who have already voted for me, even without knowing what I had written..(since it was in French) Wow! That is called trust, or better even, recognition!
If you voted before (it was not the right link..well Le Figaro took its time), or if you want to vote now, you can do it here!
Now, what did I have to do? Yes, you deserve an explanation. After the ten bloggers per category were chosen initially by Le Figaro editors, then we were given a topic.."Festival" We were supposed to write about this in a way that would be connected to our blog, using photos, drawings, text (not exceeding 3000 characters) Finally one blogger in each category will be chosen by the votes of the public, to be "rédactrice d'un jour" pour Le Figaro! No money here (maybe a weekend trip), but mainly just the honor! 
Well, I guess winning money would be technically speaking more important..It would help me on my project, or for so many other things...The life of a blogger is not his perfect TV sit-com world we sometimes show..we all have problems: family problems, health issues, money problems..why not say it?
So, why is it so important for me to win? And again, we all have a bigger or smaller ego..let's face it! We are not reincarnations of angels that cook! But probably, when we are in bed, with our pillow as only witness, we think....why do I do this crazy thing that is writing a blog? Well, in my personal case, I do it as a self challenge! Before the "void" of each recipe, I think, I research, I come to conclusions (many things I read in the internet are not trustworthy..), and then there is my taste, my history...and then, once the flavor/execution phase is solved, comes the visual...the artistic...I must admit that sometimes I look at the photos and I say "Wow", surprised at how well it looks..and other times, it is only criticisim, I get angry at myself when I see faulty technique, bad "mise en scéne"...but then I say to myself.."Ok, lesson learnt..it will be better next time..hopefully"
And there is precisely when my blog becomes meaningful, rich, worth "living"...because I don't live alone..I live here surrounded my three teenage kids and a husband that see me full of enthusiasm sometimes ("in Heaven") and sometimes sad, defeated, angry..they have heard me so many times saying "I'm fed up with this stupid blog" "I'm a good for nothing" "I will never be one of the chosen ones in Saveur magazine" (?!)...and I tell my husband that next thing in the morning I will get myself a job in some silly shop...but worse even, they won't even hire me because I have no experience selling, and I speak French with an accent, and sometimes I confuse words..! And then, when I reach the very bottom of my blogging life, and I cry (yes, I was always stupidly temperamental, and foolishly romantic, in the literary point of view) I wake up, the following morning, and, as if nothing had happened, I talk about this "great" idea I had during the night..and off I go to the market to buy the ingredients...
And it's just that! and there the blog acquires a new dimension..because these teenage kids, that happen to be my children, and are beginning now to face the difficulties of life: university entry, the terrifying "Bac"...will remember (I hope) their mother, who one day, left the easy "day to day" that her profession assured her, to follow a dream, or a new passion..and it was not easy, because I had to start from scratch...and show I didn't know, and feel vulnerable..yet I persevered.
I hope some day they will remember "my mom won Le Figaro contest" (if that happens) , and the lesson will be there, in their memories...It is never late, when we believe in ourselves, when we work hard, when we are passionate about what we do...
God bless my blog, the contest, you that have always supported me, but mainly my family, my most precious work of art, a thousand times better than my St Honoré!! those beings who will not lead me to an award, but are there, a testimony of something wonderful that I could create! 


Comments

I voted for you and it seems that you are ahaead of the others!

Like you, I sometimes get depressed about my blog and the fact that I get not much or no recognition, but I continue blogging because my readers motivate me to keep on fighting...

Cheers,

Rosa
FOODalogue said…
I voted when I saw your tweet earlier today. I didn't need an English translation to know what good work you do -- and I loved how you expressed "why you blog". It is all too familiar. :)
Cherine said…
I voted for you! You're gonna win :)
Claudia said…
The link didn't work for me and when I went to the Figaro site - they have votes "suspended?" Would love to help. And will trying again later. Bon chance!
Unknown said…
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you daaaaahling, as of now, you look like you are going to win. You are most definitely the most outstanding food blogger I know. Your creations are beautiful, and so are you. You totally deserve this win.
*kisses* HH
Gaby said…
Hi Cristina, I voted this morning at work and by then you had 156 votes! more than anyone else.
Your words are so touching, of course you will jump from tears to laughter to rolling pin violence and back(..maybe a slight exageration there!;-)! because you seem to be a lovely genuine person, that cares for whatever she does.
Good luck!
Anonymous said…
Dear Cristina you are always an inspiration. A blogger with heart, passion and style! Of course I have voted for you and I do hope that you win!! You articulated very well why so many of us continue the struggle as bloggers- not unlike our motherly struggles! Good luck and I will be waiting with crossed fingers to hear! xoxo
Anonymous said…
Hi Cristina,
your visit and comment made ​​me happy. thank you
Competitive on if it does not determine a next time.
You have a very distinctive style of leadership of the Blog remains in memory.
I wish you every success.
Best regards from Nuremberg
Jacob
Mjosé said…
¿Qué ha pasado con los votos? Han cerrado la página y no podemos votar. Si la vuelven a abrir cuenta con mi voto.
Gaby said…
Just voted again, suerte!
Anonymous said…
Hi Cristina,

I wish you every success
Greetings Jacob
fromBAtoParis said…
@ichkoche

Thank you so much, Jacob
Barbara said…
A sweet post, Cristina. And yes, I voted for you again.

If YOU get down on yourself, think about the rest of us, with not nearly the abilities you have! (I often feel as though I am bumbling along, accomplishing nothing. But I continue because I do enjoy cooking and the exposure to new ideas and friends blogging brings.)
I think you are very talented, artistic and your recipes are an absolute delight. Don't get frustrated. We all love you!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Barbara

Dear Barbara,
You are SO sweet..This is why everybody adores you, and THAT is the greatest accomplishment in life!!
Thanks for always being there!
Magic of Spice said…
I voted an made my way through the language :) I am of French so I can maneuver my way through :) Hugs and good luck, not that you will need :)
Oh no! Why were the counters set back to zero? I've gone back to vote again for you though.
Anonymous said…
Te quiero Mami!! And even if it bothers me sometimes when you start yelling because I don't do what you say, and things like that, I feel much worse when I see you sad and you say that you're good at nothing. You are the best in everything! I can't understand why in the contests you don't win! For me it's unbelievable, and I want you to succeed because you deserve it, you deserve to be as happy as you make me happy and I wish that just "en claquant des doigts" all your dreams come true...
Your daughter M.
fromBAtoParis said…
@ Millie

I love you!!!!! mi Millita linda !! y lo mas lindo que hizo mami fue vos y tus dos hermanos!! Sos mi angelito de la guarda, que me saca una sonrisa, cuando estoy triste! I love you! Je t'aime! te quiero "hasta los planetas!

Mami!!!
susana said…
Conocí tu blog a travez del de Nathalie Kantt en La Nación. En un par de días me lo leí todo: no son sólo recetas, tenés un modo apasionado de transmitir las cosas que es atrapante. Te felicito y claro, además te voto. Besos desde Córdoba, Argentina.
fromBAtoParis said…
@Susana

Muchas gracias por tus palabras!! Me encantaria que mi blog se haga conocido en Argentina, sé que le idioma es una barrera, bueno, algun dia vendrà la traduccion al castellano! Un beso para vos y toda Cordoba!!

Popular Posts