Hasta la vuelta ? Trapped in Paris...!!


I was supposed to start a fabulous trip, that would take me to two distant parts of the world..Life has its happy coincidences too, and sometimes, in the same way "it never rains but pours"...happy events come in twos (I had thought) but then, all of a sudden, we came to the realisation that volcanoes still exist !! that Mother Nature still controls our lives....

.....so please, Mother Nature !!! Would you let me go..? Don't leave me here, trapped in Paris! I have been a good girl, haven't I? 
Well...I'll keep you updated about my negotiations with Mother Nature...
if you don't hear from me, it is that she has accepted my bribes, or became too afraid of my threats...(temperamental girl, after all!)


And if I do have to stay here, the only way to drown my sadness will be buying a huge box of macarons from the newest pâtisserie here, Hugo & Victor..... (will blog about it later...)




Before finishing, I would like to thank:


for their generosity....My new "blogger-life" has allowed me to see how generous people can be....posting somebody else's work in YOUR blog, just to say that it inspires you...or at least it makes you hungry is an example of how incredibly nice some people can be....
Not that I didn't know people can be extraordinary, but receiving these signs of respect, affection from total strangers is more than what my mind could imagine, and my heart can resist...
Thanks all of you !!!

Comments

Chef Chuck said…
You except mother nature as elegant as your food posts!! That is a beautiful thing! I hope mother nature cooperates and allows you travel to your far away adventures soon :)
Miriam said…
Ohh!! Vaya, es increíble lo de la nube de ceniza, más de media Europa paralizada... efectivamente, de vez en cuando la naturaleza nos recuerda que somos hormiguitas. A ver si pasa pronto!
Best wishes that you are able to move forward with your plans. And that you enjoy whatever treats you decide to indulge in while you wait - macaroons sound lovely. I can't wait to have mine when I come to Paris five months and a few days from now!

Adios/Au revoir

The best of both worlds
Nish said…
You are most welcome... The cake looked too beautiful to be eaten really.. I hope your wishes come true and you're so right when you said when it rains it pours.. but it does makes us appreciate the sunshine when it comes! :D
Take care!

Love,
Nisha
Stella said…
Hi Cristina, sorry! I read about the volcano in Iceland and the ash that has stopped air traffic over Europe. Mother nature is a force to be reckoned with for sure.
Espero que desaparezca pronto para que ya no estes atrapada in Paris.
Un Beso, Stella
fromBAtoParis said…
@ everyone:

Thanks for the support...You are all so kind! In fact I feel disappointed because this was not just a vacation trip, but a very meaningful occasion for two people in my family...and we had spent such a long time planning every detail...but, what can we say or do?
A huge kiss to all of you, and thanks again !
Barbara said…
Now listen here, Cristina! TRAPPED in Paris????
I should be so lucky.
But I know what you mean...it's a terrible thing and it's blocking so many people from getting on with their lives. I heard that some flights are being tested today though.
Cristina, I am sorry about your trip :( But sometimes we forget Mother Nature is still in control, then she sulks and reminds us who is still boss LOL I hope she relents and lets you go soon ;)

Btw, I have something for you. You are not obliged to accept but I hope you will come by my blog and take a look :)

http://quickiesonthedinnertable.yolasite.com/recipes/and-the-award-goes-to-
Mjosé said…
Lo mejor que puedes hacer, comprar macarons .
Hemos disfrutado mucho de tu viaje por Paris y como siempre envidiado tus maravillosas fotos.
Espero que salgas pronto.
Un abrazo