My Guest Post on Fork, Spoon and Knife: Argentinian Pan de Leche (with Dulce de Leche, of course!)




Probably, this means nothing to you....but for me, this simple loaf of bread hides as a treasure all the memories of my childhood...This "pan de leche" accompanies every Argentinian child: on the way to school, during school pic-nics and celebrations, at home...
I will confess what I did when I was 6! I used to poke my finger in the dulce de leche, eat it all, sucking my finger...and then, I would eat all the loaf...with my mother saying: "That's not done Cristina! it's awful what you do...."


And I would smile, and not pay much attention...knowing she would forgive me...I guess my mother knew the "sweet paradise" I was enjoying at that moment! But mothers are mothers! She was supposed to teach to behave "like a lady"....


Do you want to know more..the recipe...? Go see Asha, from Fork, Spoon & Knife. Thi super-talented blogger from India, now living in New York...By the way, say Happy Birthday! Her blog has just turned three!


Oh, by the way, you still have time to vote for me in the Figaro Madame Contest here. Thanks!

Comments

I saw your post on Fork, Spoon and Knife. Terrific little sweet buns, mmmhhh!

Cheers,

Rosa
Unknown said…
They look spectacular :), I'm going to have a look at the recipe.
*kisses* HH
Anonymous said…
Now I know what you've been up to !
Thank you for introducing me to your Indian blog friend. I've just written to her. Am I turning into a bog fan ? :( or is it just my passion for new, beautiful and good recipes that is turning into obsession ? ;D Help me !

Y.K.W.
Mjosé said…
1 voto mas.
Los panes de leche creo que los voy a copiar y de paso voy a cotillear "Fork, spoon and knife"
Besos
Gaby said…
Cristina! fantastic!
I used to eat the loaf around the dulce de leche first so the final was a gloriously sticky bite
fromBAtoParis said…
@Rosa
@Ma José
@Heavenly Housewife
@Yolande

Unfortunately, due to the problem with Blogger, your precious comments were lost...in the blog...but they are here in my memory! Thanks!
Oh my goodness, I can certainly see why you would be sticking your finger in the dulce de leche!
norma said…
I have not had pan de leche in such a long time. I love the Fanta in the background.

So many people had problems with blogspot these past few days. I hate them!
Unknown said…
mmmm dulce de leche! que ricooooo
Unknown said…
Great post Cristina, I will go check it out;-)
Aldy said…
Oooh, No te lo puedo creer! Que belleza estos pancitos, que recuerdos... Y si como decis vos, parte de la infancia argentina :)

Preciosos, Cris

Que tengas un hermoso dia,

Aldy.
Lori Lynn said…
Great addition to Street Food Month Cristina -- I commented over at Asha's place...
LL
Barbara said…
When I was a child, my mother used to boil condensed milk in the can and then slice it for dessert. No wonder I love the stuff! These look wonderful. Going over now to see the blog.....