Place Vendôme? / Today's Recipe: Chestnut Mousse Mont-Blanc



One of the zillion reasons why I love Christmas is because of the incredible array of catalogues that arrive home: I don't mean Carrefour catalogues, I mean jeweller's catalogues....and even though I know I have been a good girl, and I deserve "an incredible ring, and more" (quoting my husband), reality and crisis slap me on the face, and I know that I will have to content myself with the catalogue....maybe next year?
The incredible thing is nowadays you don't even have to go to the jeweller's. You can choose your ring from your computer and they send it home....What? I believe there is more magic in the dream of one day sauntering across the Place Vendôme, brimming with satisfaction, thinking..."yes, it's ME !!!! This Christmas the good girl, and mother, and wife, and daughter, and sister all embodied in one person (me!!!!) is FINALLY getting the ring of her dreams...
Well....maybe next year? Just in case.... I will slip the catalogue on my husband's night-table...
One never knows...Santa is a strange guy.

Today's dessert is very simple. It takes only a short time to make it ! (Good! there is so much to do!)




For this Chestnut Mousse Mont-Blanc, we will need:




* Meringues (quantity varies depending on the size of meringue you buy)
* Chestnut purée, 250 gr.
* Mascarpone cheese, 250 gr.
* Cream, 250 ml.
* Sugar, 2 teaspoons
* eggs, 2.


Serves 4/6, depending on the size of the glasses.


In the bowl of the stand-mixer, whisk gently the 2 yolks with the mascarpone cheese. Then  fold the chestnut purée until combined. In another bowl, whisk the 2 whites to medium stiff peaks. Fold delicately to the mascarpone/chestnut mixture. Refrigerate for 2/3 hours.
Cut the meringues (with a knife) into not so small pieces. Put in the glasses where you will serve the dessert. Not too long before serving (otherwise the meringue will absorb the mousse and will "disappear"), pipe or spoon  the mousse on the meringue pieces. 
Make the whipped cream (with the cream and sugar) using a mixer,(personally I prefer to use an espuma siphon...if you use the siphon, prepare this one night in advance!)
Just before serving, pipe the whipped cream and use one marron glacé as decoration. (if you can't get marrons, or they are too expensive, use a chocolate, or a chocolate truffle
Enjoy it!



PS: I'm sure someone will think what kind of "cook" tells us to buy meringues? Well, I'm practical....we only need pieces here, and honestly, for this dessert in particular, nobody will be able to tell the difference between home-made and from-the-store meringues...Enjoy the time you saved !!!


Recipe inspired by "Cuisine et Vins de France"

Comments

Its a greatcook who says buy meringues....I do! We're not all versed in all aspects of cooking, it is perfectly fine to know your limits so....thanks for a great recipe and lovely photos!