After the snow / Today's recipe: Smoked Salmon Crème Brûlée


First things first !!!!! I would like to thank Los Angeles Sates for publishing my Chestnut Mousse Mont Blanc....Click here to see the page....It goes without saying..I feel honoured ,and stupidly happy !!!!
Now yes, the snow has finally melted, temperatures are not so low...and it seems people finally find the courage and energy to get out. Being a compulsive jogger myself, this is what I saw during my first ride around the Lac Inférieur in the Bois de Boulogne...Vast portions of the lake still a skating rink for the birds.....












Another advantage of the winter is that, when trees are bare, we can appreciate certain buildings better and enjoy the amazing architecture of paris...of course, I prefer trees with their glossy new leaves in springtime, but winter has also its charm....





I couldn't resist not taking a photo of this jewel of Art Nouveau architecture (by the French architect Hector Guimard) that is this booth to enter the Metro...there are only a few of these in Paris, but I am lucky to have this one at the corner of my house....it is just SO beautiful !!!! in Paris, there is art at the corner of every street !!







Well, it's nearly the end of the year, we get together with friends...we think of surprising them with trendy and elegant appetizers...so I thought of this "Smoked salmon Crème Brûlée". It takes no time, very easy to make!





You will need:


* heavy cream, 250 ml
* smoked salmon, 80 gr.
* egg yokes, 2.
* brown sugar, 1 tbsp.
* dill chopped, 1 tbsp.
* cheese cream, small quantity.
* caviar, a small pot.


Slice 60 gr salmon with a knife, keep the rest for decoration. In a food processor, mix the cream, the salmon and the yokes. Add salt and pepper if necessary ( I used piment d'Espelette). Pour this cream into 6 ramequins, and cook it in a pre-heated oven ( 110°C) for around 15' (the ramequins should be placed in a baking tray with water: Bain Marie). The crèmes brûlées are ready when you shake them and they "tremble" slightly in the center.  Refrigerate at least one hour.
Combine the chopped dill with the cheese cream. Add salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the crèmes brûlées with brown sugar, and caramelise with a blowtorch.
Decorate with a dollop of cheese cream with dill, small rolls of smoked salmon, caviar, and fresh dill.












Enjoy, and Happy New Year to everyone !!!!!



Comments

Fantastic. I'll be using some of the egg yolks left over from the eggs for my macaron and making these.....Have a super blessed 2010.
fromBAtoParis said…
Thanks Kitchen Butterfly !!! You found my new post 2 seconds after I had posted it !!! How were the macarons?
The best for you and your family for 2010 !!!!
Chef Chuck said…
Nice Photos, You really give me a sense of being there! Smoked salmon I would like to try! Elegance!!
fromBAtoParis said…
Thanks a lot, Chef Chuck !!
Yes, you MUST try smoked salmon....
Thank you for your comment on my blog - so happy to discover yours in the process! Thank you for being so kind and generous to share with me your tips and advice about Paris. Hopefully, I shall make it there in June. I've subscribed to your blog so I'm going to keep up with all your adventures through my RSS reader. Will come back on a lazy afternoon at home to go through all your previous posts! Hope you have a wonderful 2010! :)
Magdalena said…
Yummy! I love your blog more and more. And I love savory creme brulee. In Strasbourg, where I lived for three years, in Chez Yvonne, they serve delicious creme brulee with foie gras...