Meringue-Pink Grapefruit/White Chocolate Cream Tartelette, or When We Recycle What We Have in the Freezer !



We are all becoming more and more involved in recycling: we recycle paper, batteries, cell-phones....so I thought we could "recycle" things we have in our freezers...things that were originally meant for one recipe, and end up making another...like in these tartelettes!


For the crust, I used the almond pâte sucrée, that you have seen in this recipe here..in fact I always make generous quantities of this pâte and store it, to be able to "improvise" tartlets...


The pink grapefruit/white chocolate cream is the one I used for my last macarons, here.....
And the Swiss meringue..impossible to store ( though we can have whites in the freezer!) is the only thing I made "ad hoc"....


The rest is a question of filling the tartlets forming a "dome", instead of the usual flat presentation...As for the meringue, I decided to give it a half-croissant shape, to avoid the too-sweet taste in your palate....I want people to appreciate the subtile grapefruit perfume, not the sugar in the meringue...


And that's it: simple, elegant, delicate in taste...as good pâtisserie should be! 



I hope you enjoy it..I did !! When we can make something beautiful in no time...a cook's heaven..Don't you agree? 





For the Swiss Meringue, you will need:


*whites, 2 *sugar, 120gr


Put the whites and sugar in a saucepan. Heat over medium/low, always stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Whisk until you get firm peaks. 

Comments

Cristina, your photos of the tartelette are gorgeous. I wish my freezer held such treasures!
Unknown said…
If only my mother had used up ingredients in the house by making such gorgeous desserts! Love how you set up the photo with the Parisian journal :)
That tartlet must taste heavenly! It is so perfect and the flavors are divine.

Cheers,

Rosa
Anonymous said…
What an excellent idea Cristina ! A nice change from the world-famous meringue lemon tart - in looks only though, since there's no lemon in this one ! You are the queen of mini-tarts... as well as of macarons...and of photographs, among many other things. Let it be known !
Y.K.W.
Miriam said…
Me ha encantado tu puesta en escena... y el pastelito, claro.
You really have a way with desserts, they always demonstrate your incredible attention to detail, the topping is just beautiful.
Cherine said…
Cristina, gorgeous pictures and gorgeous tartelettes! I bet they're divine!
Unknown said…
Here in the UK I think they've gone overboard with the recycling. This, however, is some recycling I can get really excited about. THat tartlette looks amazing!
*kisses* HH
Adelina said…
I think your freezer must be proud of you, Cristina! If you can recycle me like that, I will be in heaven. Love you and hope you're having a beautiful day in Paris!
Belen said…
Bonito y rico. Me encanta el chocolate blanco y con el toque de pomelo y la sutiliza del merengue... tiene que estar buenisimo. genial!!!
Sonia said…
Lovely and absolutely delicious Tarts Cristina... ! They are looking so tempting and I wish it cud fly to me... !
FOODalogue said…
This post is so visually exquisite that it's hard to believe it was born of leftovers!

Always classy, my dear!
Unknown said…
Lovely flavors! And I simply LOVE the first photo.. such elegance in the old books, single rose and that beautiful tart!
Magic of Spice said…
These are so pretty and I am sure delicious...I wish I had your freezer stock :)
I found your blog from heavenly housewife and I just think it is amazing!! I love this recipe and your pictures are gorgeous
Bunny
Liren said…
Almost too beautiful to eat, Cristina! Almost. I am in love with pink grapefruit, can't seem to get enough of it. I can just imagine how beautifully it worked in this gorgeous tartelette!
fromBAtoParis said…
@Bunny

Thanks a lot, and welcome to my blog!
Magyarország said…
So cute but more cute when you make lots of this for me:)
Barbara said…
You always make the most unusual and elegant tartlettes, Cristina! The flavors of this one are unusual and I appreciate your allowing the grapefruit flavor to shine through!
Exquisite photos.
q hermosas fotos! este blog esta cada dia mas lindo!
Lori Lynn said…
Gorgeous! You are such an expert at staging.
I bet the tart tasted heavenly.
LL
cailen ascher said…
your photos are simply stunning! and your food looks completely gorgeous!

i'm following you on twitter now. i look forward to seeing/reading more : )

cheers!
cailen
www.cailenascher.blogspot.com
@cailenascher
Gaby said…
Christina, this looks like such a classy tartelette.
I love white chocolate and am tremendously intrigued about this grapefruit combination.
The tartelette looks so adorable, if only English cakes were half as good looking!
Graciela de LP said…
Miammm! Me gusta el postre pero los libros me fascinaron, de dónde los sacaste?
Además tienen la ventaja de hacer engordar la mente lo que me evita problemas de régimen!
Aldy said…
Cris, Una belleza total! Como todo lo que haces :) Excelente propuesta!

Besotes desde El Pacifico,

Aldy.
fromBAtoParis said…
@Graciela

Los compré en una brocante en Pau..
Gracias por el comment!
Unknown said…
Oh Cristina I'm in love with the flavors and the look of your lovely tartelette:-)
The photos with the rose and old books are just dreamy and hard to believe any part of this tartlette came from your stash in the freezer:-)
It's work of art definitely!!! So beautiful, one bite and you're in heaven that's for sure!
Amelia PS said…
how idyllic, these images. And the sweet and sour contrast must be a joy to bite into.
cuando se tiene amor y respeto por la cocina (como tu lo tienes) no hay límites aún con un frigo casi vacio..

me gusto mucho la belleza sutil de la tarta (en especial el merengue así a la mitad) y el styling tan french retro.

chapeau ma cherie!
Anonymous said…
Me encanta la ambientación de este postre: simpleza, elegancia, estilo y seguramente un sabor exquisito... Te felicito, Cristina.

Popular Posts